• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 800r torque specs please?

N
Jan 10, 2011
montana
got my bottem end back from big john and im gunna work on it through the week after i get off work was wanting to know cylinder and head torque sequence and specs along with clutch thanks in advance guys!
nick

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
clutch is 70 or 75 this should help you get the torque numbers for the engine.
sorry i didnt weed out the extra but it should give you the numbers.

4. Install pistons and top end bearing onto connecting rods. If you are using DOO factory cage-less bearings…DO NOT install piston cir-clips on piston until AFTER the piston is on the rod.
5. Install wrist pin and cir-clips onto piston. MAKE SURE cir-clips are full seated in groove!
6. Install, RKT supplied, .5mm gasket, base gasket. To assure a flat seal. MAKE SURE case and cylinder base is free of ANY grease or foreign debris. Install MAG cylinder. Hand-tighten bolts. Make sure the gasket has not been displaced during cylinder installation.
7. Install PTO cylinder using the same cautions as above.
8. Install RAVE gaskets (not supplied) under each RAVE guillotine. Make sure RAVE base housing has exhaust supply hole line up with supply hole on cylinder. Bleed hole toward belly-pan.
9. Torque cylinder bolts to 27 ft/lbs and then final torque bolts to 32ft/lbs. 35lbs on the 800R block
10. Install Head as per supplied instructions. Torque @ 22ft/lbs
11. Do not run the BR9ECS plug run the BR9EYA plugs (Arctic Cat) or BR9ES gap the plug @.020”
12. PREMIX a 150:1 oil ratio in 1st tank of fuel. RKT Recommends to always premix at 150:1 in addition to your oil injection system. DO NOT USE AMSOIL EVER!! Break in engine with a mineral based oil and NEVER run ANY synthetic oil in this engine.> Ever!
13. IMPORTANT: DO NOT USE ANY aftermarket silencer on this set-up. Use the stock pipe and muffler. This “kit” was not tested with any other pipe/silencer combination.
14. Fire engine and check for base gasket leakage. Make sure there are no air pockets in the coolant system.
15. Run engine at varying throttle positions for the 1st 15 miles checking piston wash and plug color (and adjusting accordingly)! NOTE: The 800 and 827 engines are 8400-8500rpm engines! 734 kit runs at 8000rpm. NOTE: These engines take 100 miles for the rings to fully seat.

R

rev_rider800

Jan 23, 2011
minneapols mn
got my bottem end back from big john and im gunna work on it through the week after i get off work was wanting to know cylinder and head torque sequence and specs along with clutch thanks in advance guys!
nick

I work for bj...our torque wrench is set at 88 ft lbs sure the clutches...40 on the cylinder, 21 on the head and 18-19 on the knock sensor.

Lefty

Premium Features