• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

trygstad 880?

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
For an elevation mountain motor my strongest most reliable SHR -BJ ported 880 with engine tech custom head.Domes are in CAD now with 14.1-13.5 and 12.7.Have run several and very reliable top end,Build more torque than my 860,s.The 880 has very good RPM recovery traits and does not pull down, Its not as peaky as the 860,s are. The power band is liner.Its more money with the special fully coated - 12 oiling hole pistons. Jetting spec are proven and turn key and suggest Bored carbs. ready to roll.
Thanks for the info ,very help full.:high5:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Thanks for the info ,very help full.:high5:

I would also add as far as the 860,s the Engine Tech is a good motor also , Surprisingly strong and reliable, Also the proven well ported SHR with the optional Engine Tech head ,Both good choices that remain reliable and consistent. Both are less $$ and a good option to the more expensive 880.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
As far as the Nasty PM,s.Guys this is a Hobby for me. I dont profit from any sell. I however have an advantage as I do most the Doo BB builds in the area and tune a/test.I get to see and run them all.Builders rarely test other builders motors much and focus on what they sell. I have had 4 sets of cylinders on the bench from different builders at one time and you can quickly see who puts the effort in the porting. They all have a difference in opinions on porting specs however some dont even spend the time to remove the huge casting flaws and this is just BS.These are chunks of aluminum extending into the cylinder ports-Porting 101.Your not getting what you paid for. I also see the shortfalls with each individual part and mix and match then test . I have found what I feel is the best squish and compressions/ motor setup for Altitude motors only.I Do allot with clutch testing as well ,Tom,s Snowmobile has been very innovative with some clutching enhancement parts and Ive learned allot from Tom, testing ,trial and error,but only on these mod motors.Its interesting talking with Tom as he constantly enhancing even recent products,He doesn't stop just because he found a successful modification and keeps striving for perfection.I dont try to talk up something just because I own it, I have the option to run anything i wish and have most all the components here.There are really good builders who listen to the problems and change design to run with todays fuels.Then there are others who will not.However its all these options that keeps the sport interesting,I constantly talk with riders who argue how great their setup is however thats all they know and until you explore all the options,Oh well.Remember ,One sled length makes for a Winner,This imply s theres a looser,that could be you!

revx827

Lifetime Membership
Jun 27, 2009
floatingqrs.com
Bob, Thanks for all the help/guidance. Its great to have some realworld no bs insight. Hopefully I will have my 880 together and running this weekend.

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
As far as the Nasty PM,s.Guys this is a Hobby for me. I dont profit from any sell. I however have an advantage as I do most the Doo BB builds in the area and tune a/test.I get to see and run them all.Builders rarely test other builders motors much and focus on what they sell. I have had 4 sets of cylinders on the bench from different builders at one time and you can quickly see who puts the effort in the porting. They all have a difference in opinions on porting specs however some dont even spend the time to remove the huge casting flaws and this is just BS.These are chunks of aluminum extending into the cylinder ports-Porting 101.Your not getting what you paid for. I also see the shortfalls with each individual part and mix and match then test . I have found what I feel is the best squish and compressions/ motor setup for Altitude motors only.I Do allot with clutch testing as well ,Tom,s Snowmobile has been very innovative with some clutching enhancement parts and Ive learned allot from Tom, testing ,trial and error,but only on these mod motors.Its interesting talking with Tom as he constantly enhancing even recent products,He doesn't stop just because he found a successful modification and keeps striving for perfection.I dont try to talk up something just because I own it, I have the option to run anything i wish and have most all the components here.There are really good builders who listen to the problems and change design to run with todays fuels.Then there are others who will not.However its all these options that keeps the sport interesting,I constantly talk with riders who argue how great their setup is however thats all they know and until you explore all the options,Oh well.Remember ,One sled length makes for a Winner,This imply s theres a looser,that could be you!

Tell the guys with the nasty PMs to f themselves. You seem like a pretty upfront and honest guy. I have'nt seen any bashing in your threads, just good info. I think it's great to have a guy like you that is trying everything and mix and matching. You could potentially save people thousands of dollars for buying the wrong kit or combos. Thanks for the great info!

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The 880 kit I have has the o-rings in the cylinder. Do I need to have it changed so they are in the head?

no . I have 880,s with O ring in head and in cylinders, there are pro,s and cons with the change.when in the dome there are indexing concerns which can cause a problem if builder is not careful.As long as theres no det the cylinder option is fine.

Premium Features