• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nun: Bent or Not Bent?

D
Oct 25, 2009
Alright, so also while changing out my front cooler i'm dealing with some bent front suspension. Looks like the A arm is bent, but it might not even be bent..but the front plate on the inside is. The trouble i'm having is, I can't tell if the Nun is also bent. This is my first time going through this and I need a second (or more) opinion. I know for sure the front plate is bent, but to me it looks like just one of the mounting tabs on the nun to front plate is bent. Here's a few pictures of the bent pieces...

aarm.jpg

frontplate.jpg

leftfrontplate2.jpg

leftcrossmemeber.jpg

H
Nov 26, 2007
Merritt, BC
i'm voting for bent. look behind the can or the primary, depending on what side the a-arm is bent. if its not too bad you can pull it back and brace it till you decide to fix (summer project!)

N
Feb 13, 2008
Wasilla
Right under that orange bumper on the left in the overhead pic is the front of the NUN, and looks bent. Looks like your left shock is hitting the upper A-arm. the lower arm is pushed back. Look behind the primary clutch for a bend also. I would say bent nun for sure. Body panels probably don't line up with the bumper, and the left ski is set back a couple of inches. You can anchor the back of the sled to something like a truck with a big tow strap through the skid frame, hook a come a long to the spindle at the lower a-arm and pull away. It might work for a while.

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
My sled looked just like that!! My temp. fix- lay sled over on non crashed side, get a small bottle jack and position it :confused: I will just take a pic of how I did it useing my bros sled and post it tomorrow. Ok heres where I put the jack, make sure the bottom rest's on a bolt head,then start jack'in . There should be a distance of 13n1/2 inches side to side where you jack it back out. Mines not perfect but I have put 60mi. on it with some hard jumps. I do need to re-aline my skies.http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=94268&stc=1&d=1263500277

sledding.jpg

Last edited:
D
Oct 25, 2009
I might just be ignorant here, but i couldn't find any other bent pieces. the part with the crack and that's bent is th FRONT PLATE, that's seprate from what they're calling the crossmember in the parts catalog.

Also, it was a weird angle, and low speed hit, it wasn't a straight on thing, it was more of a 45 degree where the ski was pushed forward to the right, so the bend is actually forward, not backwards! So what looks like the lower A arm pushed back, is actually the front A arm pulled forward. I'm going to have a friend who knows more about the Rev than me have a look at it as soon as we can get together.

There are no other bends farther back on the crossmember (nun) that I can see, only what I took pictures of. Although I'm being very optimistic and hoping that it's only the $10 front plate what could be done very easily and not the $200 crossmember that looks like A LOT of work haha. I think I am going to try just replacing the front plate, and bending the mounting point back on the crossmember to see if it lines up. It's will definitely need to be replaced and will give me a baseline for checking how straight everything else is. Also going to need new A arm mounts and upper A arm...

With that new info, are you guys seeing the same thing as me..or am I just missing it?

N
Feb 13, 2008
Wasilla
It doesn't take much to bent the nun, just a slow solid hit. When the lower a-arm is pushed back the spindle torques and looks like it pushes our upper a-arm forward. Look at the angle of your spindles. That front plate is part of the nun, and the nun will come with all of the a-arm mounts. A bend in the nun is hard to see. It just kind of twists, and throws everything out of wack. I want to see the bottle jack trick. I think straighten it if you can and change it when you have to. I will try to post some pics.
P1050320.jpg
P1050321.jpg
P1050322.jpg
P1050323.jpg
P1050327.jpg
P1050330.jpg
P1050331.jpg
P1050332.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
I'm in the same boat, if your shocks and body panels don't line up, it's bent. I did in an a-arm I tried to straighten the old ones before putting the new ones on. I thought I had it, but I found more bends after the fact I'm going to try to re-straighten it again and replace it in the summer. Although I found a bend behind my can..which is back in the "bulkhead area" I was able to straighten that out though.

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
My sled looked just like that!! My temp. fix- lay sled over on non crashed side, get a small bottle jack and position it :confused: I will just take a pic of how I did it useing my bros sled and post it tomorrow. Ok heres where I put the jack, make sure the bottom rest's on a bolt head,then start jack'in . There should be a distance of 13n1/2 inches side to side where you jack it back out. Mines not perfect but I have put 60mi. on it with some hard jumps. I do need to re-aline my skies.http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=94268&stc=1&d=1263500277
ttt

D
Oct 25, 2009
Nice 'rocks rev'. I"ll give it a try. If not, looks like a new Nun for me...bummer. At least it's gonna be another fix i can do without pulling the motor hahaha.

Nitro did you just put it back together using bolts?

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
ttt

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
To the top for a couple guys out there. After I got it close I cut a piece of 1in, square tube and laid it cross ways under my pipe,I used 1 piece of wire to hold it down. Temp.fix? I rode it the rest of last season and found a good nun for it, didn't get around to changing the nun and put on another 700mi. on this season but luckly I didn't hit anything hard.I would have got even more mi. if I didn't lose a rod bearing.It's now ready for a new nun, but I have another sled with a perfect nun etc. that i'm gonna build. Was it the right fix no but look how long it lasted.:face-icon-small-win

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
It doesn't take much to bent the nun, just a slow solid hit. When the lower a-arm is pushed back the spindle torques and looks like it pushes our upper a-arm forward. Look at the angle of your spindles. That front plate is part of the nun, and the nun will come with all of the a-arm mounts. A bend in the nun is hard to see. It just kind of twists, and throws everything out of wack. I want to see the bottle jack trick. I think straighten it if you can and change it when you have to. I will try to post some pics.
P1050320.jpg
P1050321.jpg
P1050322.jpg
P1050323.jpg
P1050327.jpg
P1050330.jpg
P1050331.jpg
P1050332.jpg
[/IMG]

If you had the new Alternative Impact Rev 37 inch stance Arms,or standard width if you are a trail rider this would not have happened, The arms are designed to fold and save the nun. 100 buck arm replacement and your done.Not to mention the weight savings and flick-ability of the narrow 37 in stance

Premium Features