• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who are you buying your New ProClimb from

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
My close friend is an AC dealer and called me from the show yesterday.
Arctic Cat is forcing him to buy 38 sleds and 10 of them need to be 4 stroke. He says the mood there in Nashville is very sombering as alot of the dealers aren't jumping on the bandwagon of flooring 10 $14k 4 stroke sleds. They also require that he order $100k in preseason parts which will stock him up on all the new chassis stuff, however the parts list isn't available yet so this can't be agreed to either.
Needless to say, alot of dealers are leaving Nashville with their middle finger in the air.

S

SSF108

Apr 24, 2008
YMS

Yellowstone Motorsports in Belgrade MT!
Travis and the entire staff make up the best dealership in the west.
YMS is the real deal.

moonshiner

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Yankton, SD
Arctic Cat is forcing him to buy 38 sleds and 10 of them need to be 4 stroke. He says the mood there in Nashville is very sombering as alot of the dealers aren't jumping on the bandwagon of flooring 10 $14k 4 stroke sleds. They also require that he order $100k in preseason parts which will stock him up on all the new chassis stuff, however the parts list isn't available yet so this can't be agreed to either.
Needless to say, alot of dealers are leaving Nashville with their middle finger in the air.

Wow, I know of several smaller dealers in the area and I have no idea how they could swing that many sleds, especially with the extremely high prices of these new models. Now if it was 38 units including quads then I could see it, but 38 sleds and 10 of them costing $13k or more, plus $100k in parts, seems crazy to me.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
cat has been forcing sm dealers out for a few yrs now.and in my parts not really a bad thing 2 sm halfass dealers who did not bother to have quality support or techs are gone and the larger quality dealer has picked up the slack just fine.

N

nikeholley

Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma
Awesome Cat Dealer...

Waldron's in Issaquah is the best in my book..!!..

That's where I'd buy one...

Nike

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Like I said "Arctic Cat drops the ball" This is the begining of the end for CAT!

for gawd sake... people have been saying that for years now. get over yourself, you're no prophet.:loco::face-icon-small-ton

They suck to do business with according to everyone I've ever talked to... and nothing has changed. I've heard the same thing posted here, or very similar to it, for years.

You lose one dealer, gain another. Lose 2 little guys, gain one big one... it's all part of the game, and ALL the MFG's have certain requirements & minimums, this is nothing special.

I could care less who I buy my next sled from (brand wise), but I'm sure it'll be fun.

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB

I have a friend that is a Polaris dealer and he gets stuck with surplus inventory (sleds/quads/parts) that he ends up having to sell off at cost just to move it out the door. Seems like a tough way to make money when you end up selling stuff for the same price as you buy it for. I can't see the four strokes claiming much more than 10% of the mountain sled market.

Premium Features