• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 600 sdi problems...

J
Nov 28, 2007
Lake Tahoe and Chicago
Wifes 600 sdi started to have problems at the end of last year.. Was having problems starting it....no lights on the tach would show and then would catch and be fine....did this a few times....like the key was not on it....

bought a new battery and still the same issue....but if i press the rev button i hear a click in the fuse box and then it will fire....

anyone have this same issue....might be a relay .....is this a common problem.....let me know....

thanks

JIMMY :beer;:beer;:beer;

A
Nov 26, 2007
Montana Creek AK
when you only pull it over, does the pump run?? If not , check the relays. good idea to replace them every year. a little corrosion and the sdi sleds run like crap. don't fall for skidoo's claim that there relays are special, the only thing special is the price!! I get mine for the rt at napa, like 5 buck apiece. the reverse button is used to prime the engine when cold, you should hear the low pressure pump start if you push the reverse button, if not, you will have to verify that the pump is not bad. Do not and I repeat, do not ride it until you figure out whether the pump is working or not, It will starve the high pressure pump, loss in rail pressure and that equals super lean:eek:. also a way to check is if sled runs ok with a full tank of fuel but gives you fits at about a half a tank or less, odds are bad low pressure pump.;)

A
Nov 26, 2007
Montana Creek AK
Oh yeah, also, again, don't goto skidoo for a replacement pump, it is nothing more than a facet pump, the same as what auto stores carry. It is a pos of a pump. I would upgrade. some guys like to use the duramax diesel lo press pump, I got one from summit, real happy with it, and plan on relocating said pump from under the motor, you will understand if you got to go after it:D

J
Nov 28, 2007
Lake Tahoe and Chicago
ran fine when running full or low on fuel she said....i though its prob. relay....will look this long weekend.....thanks for the tip on napa relays....just didnt know why nothing works on dash....normally when u put the key(tether) and pull u get lights on in dash....i get nothing....like if u pull it without the key in
\
thanks

Last edited:
Premium Features