• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which rev?

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
There is no way a King cat is lighter then a rev. My back, and the manufactures websites agree. I am not primarly after weight savings.

My big thing is, rider comfort, rider position and weight transfer. The king cat seemed to be tougher to lay over and "wide" while the rev seems to go over a lot easier.

Pretty sure I am set on a RT. There is a 04 800 159" for a steal that I might consider, but I think the RT will make me the happiest and for the price of them I cannot complain. I just don't think the power of a stock 800 will keep me happy.

Dude I weigh 265, and stand 6 feet tall. I found the REV way better for handling, than the RT. Depends if you like to poke at a lot of hills, or boondock. The RT's I rode seemed to feel like a slug, compared to the REV.
You can always add HP, but reducing the weight is way more expensive.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Yea I still don't know what I want to do. I'm not to worried because between my truck and school I don't have anytime, hopefully in a few weeks it will be different. Need to do a clutch and axle shaft U-joints before it gets to cold outside, THEN I can buy a sled, with that much less money :mad: Weight of the sled hasen't ever bothered me. I weight about 300 myself, and my pack is probably another 30lbs, I tend to carry a ton of stuff, same with a ton of stuff on my sled. The king cat isn't a very light sled and it didn't bother me. Yea i'd like a lighter sled with the same track and hp. Any sled I buy is staying the way it is for 2 seasons.

Weight difference between a 04 159 and a 06 1000 162 is like 50lbs. And the 1000 is a LOT better deal, not to mention how much less HP the 04 800 has. I cannot find a 05+ 159/162 that I can afford.

If I can find a 05/06 with a 159/162 with a few mods for some HP, but not to risk relieability, in my price range with a engine that will last a while i'd take it over a 1000 anytime. Basicly a sled like yours MARCUSO. But with my truck repairs, my budget is down to about $5,500. I could spend more but i'd much rather spend the money getting out more instead of buying a nice sled to sit in the garage.

As far as riding, I do everything, starting a bit of highmarking, boondocking, threw the trees etc. The king cat was very good to ride in all of it. Besides for uncomfortable riding position. I really liked having more hp and track though, you can make mistakes sometimes and not get burned, were my buddies on 800 144-153's did. And even though all my buddies have years and years of riding experience on me, they had a very hard time keeping up, even on much newer sleds. So I am sort of relating to HP and track means a LOT, and weight a bit more secondary. A 07 800 rev 144, and a 07 m8 153 are all going to be lighter then a king cat, and I have atleast 80 lbs on all of them. And they couldn't come close to going the same places.

Last edited:
B

born2sled

Jul 1, 2009
a couple of people i ride with have the 1000's one broke down alot while the other one doesnt break down and man do they go good once set up right

Premium Features