• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

stock clutch weights?

P
Mar 3, 2013
is there stock clutch weights. i saw someone post this picture(attached).

it states that each 16,7g pins can have two 7mm(4,0g) washers/weights added = 14mm/8g. it however does not give a partnumer for said weights.

we got our sleds delivered with the high elevation kit here in sweden and we rarely see anything above 4000 feet.
from what i have heard i will need to add alot of weight to my pins.

weight pins.jpg

I
Jun 24, 2016
Re

I'd suggest to copy the low elevation specs. Everybody I know at 2k and under has to add weight. You may need to run clicker 4 instead of 3 to be perfect.

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
is there stock clutch weights. i saw someone post this picture(attached).

it states that each 16,7g pins can have two 7mm(4,0g) washers/weights added = 14mm/8g. it however does not give a partnumer for said weights.

we got our sleds delivered with the high elevation kit here in sweden and we rarely see anything above 4000 feet.
from what i have heard i will need to add alot of weight to my pins.

Same here in Norway. Sleds delivered with high elevation kits. And we ride mostly 0-1500feet. I have mine on clicker 1 and still to high rpm. Whats needed is the low elevation kits. Springs, ramp and pin. I think all Summits with 3' track has high elevation in Norway, Sweeden and Finland. And its on backorder. Its hilarious

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
If you can find some stainless bushings the same ID as the bolt diameter and not much larger OD than the bolt head (to avoid hitting the spider), you can make your own weight. They are just simple sleeves, you might find something at the hardware store or bearing/bushing supply.
Goodwin also has weight kits.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
If you can find some stainless bushings the same ID as the bolt diameter and not much larger OD than the bolt head (to avoid hitting the spider), you can make your own weight. They are just simple sleeves, you might find something at the hardware store or bearing/bushing supply.
Goodwin also has weight kits.

You will have to Machine the Bolt head down 1 millimetre smaller to clear the spider !!! It is the Bolt Head that interferes with the spider when it is backed out by a bushing. That is whey the Goodwin performance bolt has a 1mm smaller Bolt head.

A bushing the length of the stock pin-weight bolt head can actually be slightly larger than the Bolt head and still clear everything. As long as you have a smaller bolt Head If you would want to add more weight beyond the stock Bold head length it will also need to be 1MM smaller to clear the spider.

Last edited:

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
A little confused here... Why can't you put weights under the stock skidoo bolts? Because the bolt head diameter is 1mm too wide? The Goodwin weights are exactly the same diameter as the stock bolt. So if the stock bolts will hit the spider what keeps the Goodwin weights from doing so?

J
Nov 13, 2015
Sweden
Yes, I am also woundering about the diameters mentioned.
Is it so that the standard Doo weight has to be down 1mm in diameter?, before you put in extra washers behind it to gain weight I mean.
Could this be confirmed by someone?, I do not think that it is the case, but can for sure be wrong.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Anyone see any math errors here? I wonder how they magically loose weight.

20170114_124126.jpg

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
That's not the point. I realize there is a variance but the math should be accurate. Plus that kind of margin of error is awful. $70 for this kit and it should be perfect to the .01 grams.

C

cheater35

Mar 10, 2011
Brainerd, MN
I am using stock bolt with 1/2" OD by 1/2" long stainless bushings that I made myself behind the stock bolt head. It is not hitting the spider. Have over 300 miles on it this way so far.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
At rest with a 1/4 inch bushing I can not even get the smallest Feeler gauge in between the bolted and the spider. ( when I push the weight toward it) Even with glasses on there is no clearance on my clutch. Now it probably will not amount to much damage because as soon as the clutch starts to shift the spider moves away from the pin. I will still not do it Goodwin's bolt is 1 mm smaller --Talked to them it is straight from the horses mouth.

Premium Features