• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another 850 issue?

SODAK-DOO

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2015
eastern south dakota
well officially have 4 miles on my sled. 3 little rides around the farm is all with low snow amount. twice my sled has been dead, or so i thought anyway. took the battery in to the dealer the other day to get tested and it turned out fine. took the sled in to get looked at and found out the starter is bad. GREAT!!!! $165 later i now have a rope pull under the side panel if it happens again.

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Ha! No way! I bought an '08 XP when they first came out, and this does not even come close. The original drive belt was too long/skinny (how can that even happen?!?) and even after they figured that out, the stock clutching was still garbage. Then there was the failing driveshafts. I broke two of them. Was super lucky to not need a heli out. More importantly, the XP handled like crap when it first came out. Try riding an unimproved '08 XP, it's like "wrestling a couch". The G4 is a home run from a performance perspective. The throttle response alone is worth upgrading from the T3, never mind the top end power, handling and track improvements. I'll buy the bracing when it comes out (never bothered with it on past Doos - only doing it this time because the sled is brand new), and ride it without concern. Plenty of snow on the west coast. Should be a great year.

SODAK-DOO

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2015
eastern south dakota
Why did you pay 165? The starter is under warranty.

Ace

i added the pull start. i had to start it off the primary just to get it on the trailer to get it to town, and said never again!! As of this afternoon no parts readily available. So if no parts by next weekend i will just pull the rope.

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
well officially have 4 miles on my sled. 3 little rides around the farm is all with low snow amount. twice my sled has been dead, or so i thought anyway. took the battery in to the dealer the other day to get tested and it turned out fine. took the sled in to get looked at and found out the starter is bad. GREAT!!!! $165 later i now have a rope pull under the side panel if it happens again.

ya we got snow here on west coast and when you do get it you will love this sled , still got a few bugs to work out but I opted for pull start only as lighter and 1 less thing to worry about, I suggest finding skid plate as soon as avail as a lot of sleds hitting rocks/land mines and think bulkhead and drive case might need attn. expecially when everyone running in pow and no base yet. just my 2 cents.

IMG_9583.jpg IMG_9570.jpg IMG_9612.jpg IMG_9602.jpg

Premium Features