• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Go Pro fogging?

C
Mar 2, 2011
Saskatchewan
Was sledding in cooke city last week here and one of the days my go pro kept fogging up inside the case, it has happened before and i just wiped it off and it was good but it kept comming back every 10 mins or so, nyone else having this issue or know how o fix it? Thanks~

C

CatRyder88

Dec 6, 2007
I had that problem once. Now I always put the cam in the case when I'm in the truck where it's dry. Haven't had a problem since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be checkin wells!

S
Dec 3, 2007
Kalispell, MT
Have you tried GoPro's anti-fog strips, that slide into the case between the camera and sides of the case? I've been using them with pretty good luck. They are re-usable, but after a few uses, you're supposed to put them in the oven for a few minutes to really dry them out again. I'm wondering if the best anti-fog solution would be to drill a few small holes in the case and line the area around those holes with some Gore-tex material. That would keep moisture out, and allow it to breathe (and maybe eliminate the difference in inside/outside temps that lead to condensation in the first place?). Just a thought.

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
mine did the same thing (in cooke haha) could it be the warm air trapped inside, then when it gets cold it make a little greenhouse?
i am going to try to let it sit outside so when close it up the air inside the case is the same as the outside?

Funny thing is that is took about an hour to fog up. it was not instant..

C
Mar 2, 2011
Saskatchewan
Thanks for the replies guys, never thought about being dry, the room we stayed in was rather humid all the time from drying out out gear, gonna have to get myself some of those fog strips to try!

Premium Features