• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do all M hoods get the wire cable mounts tore off?

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Just wondering if everyone's hoods have the cheesy plastic wire cable mounts tore off? Every M sled I have had, it has happened too! I opened my hood on the hill the other day and a little breeze about ripped my hood off by breaking these. What a stupid design! I decided to have some anodized aluminum vents made at our local fab shop that will tie in with these plastic tabs and make them stronger. For the guys that have already tore them off like me, it will be a repair for, with some extra hood venting. Is there a need for these or is it just me? I will post pictures when they are done. Thanks.

Aaron

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
Not quite sure what you're saying with the tabs. On my M7 wind caught the hood and actually broke the hood in two places. Tabs didn't break but actually pulled through the hood. Patched it up, but yeah, they are weak in that area. Seems like I've seen pletny of stories on here about them breaking.

Last edited:
H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
those chessy tabs are weak when you run the stock intake.....mine left side broke, added some stainless wire and rerouted to a bolt near the headlight, well its actually holding the hood side airbox together

the biggest problem is being lazy and lifting the hood up while your sitting on the sled, get your butt up and lift it nicly like a fine peice of china:face-icon-small-dis

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Another solution that I like to use it to get a couple King Cat hood wires and then relocate the hood clasp to one of the beefier tabs that are closer to the headlight. The King Cat wires are longer and will accomodate this and allow your hood to open properly.......and as stated above, use some care and discretion when opening your hood. It seems like every time I go riding I see someone fling theirs open like they are trying to surprise their ECU!

M7DingBat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
Another solution that I like to use it to get a couple King Cat hood wires and then relocate the hood clasp to one of the beefier tabs that are closer to the headlight. The King Cat wires are longer and will accomodate this and allow your hood to open properly.......and as stated above, use some care and discretion when opening your hood. It seems like every time I go riding I see someone fling theirs open like they are trying to surprise their ECU!

What year King Cat are you getting these cables from?

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Hood care

Never open up facing down hill.
If you do bot have pre filters on the front get them.
Remove as much weight as possible from hood.
Like Hatchers and Erik said Get you but off the seat and don't scare the ECU. Both very good.

Don't run into trees or let it go at top of the hill to see how well it bounces.

Premium Features