• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installed motor mount / mag side bottom, gained rpm and smoother shift

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I cut and drilled a piece of 1/4" angle to bolt to the bottom of the motor and installed mount on mag side, its the only extra mount I have. I have never seen more than 7550rpm(with 046 belt) at 9-10,000ft and after the mount was installed the lowest I saw was 7620rpm(with 060). I gained anywhere from 2-400rpm depending on conditions.

0105081518 (2) 3.jpg

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I cut and drilled a piece of 1/4" angle to bolt to the bottom of the motor and installed mount on mag side, its the only extra mount I have. I have never seen more than 7550rpm(with 046 belt) at 9-10,000ft and after the mount was installed the lowest I saw was 7620rpm(with 060). I gained anywhere from 2-400rpm depending on conditions.

did you do the mount and new motor at the same time???

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Same motor new crank. Before the crank went I put in a almost solid mount on the bottom mag side and was hitting 7860rpm at 7000ft, Before I was only getting 7400 ish rpm. But the mount was to stiff, real bad vibration in foot well, so I installed this. There is a slight bit of vibration in the foot wells but not bad. I have had clutching issues for a while, my rpm would climb to 7500 and then drop, once it was dropping down to 7000rpm. I also went back to the stock intake, to me its not making the power as it was before and I will probably put the aftermarket intake back on. But for the first time I'm hitting rpm with a 060.

THE 046 IS HARDER AND SLIPS. THE 060 IS SOFTER AND WILL USUALLY DROP THE RPM 2-300

If you think about it the mag side has 1 1/2 mounts when the pto side has 3 mounts and a rubber stop. I could see the mount on the mag side had been digging into itself(moving a 1/4").

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Yep, Pretty cheap when your paying $180 for belts, and its like adding hp.

yeah your probably right... i mean how is the motor going to move that much with 3 real hard *** mounts and rubber snubber on the clutch side and there on the mag side is just two soft lonely mounts. installing a mount like you did on the mag side is probably is all that is needed. really prevent it from twisting too much.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I just pulled the skid plate off and when I mounted the cap there wasn't much room to get a allen wrench in there so I put in some regular grade 5 bolts with lock washers, well it broke them both. I don't really see how because it doesn't pull on the bolts but pushes on the bar. I might of tightened them to much and started to break them on install. I remember toward the end of the day the pull cord started shaking more, must of been when it went. I'll have to use the allen bolts or find some reg grade 8 bolts. I'll let you know.

even without the cap on it still holds the motor back though.

I have added the extra motor mount to the lower engine mounting area on the PTO side, on my CF1000 and have had wonderful results in the mountains and in deep snow on belt life. I started running the 046 belt and have gone back to the 060. I know that everyone say they are the same but there is a difference in the taper on the 060 and it is made for the 1000cc sleds. The motor mounts have been such a hit in our dealership the we have added them to many of the customers sleds.

Has anyone seen any negative affects to the elimination of engine shaking/torquing? We have seen some effect in the driven clutches; the screws that hold the sheaves to the torque bracket/helix are breaking off. Not on everyone but enough that I wanted to ask around to see what you guys are finding.

We elected not to add the bump stops on the MAG side/front because the fit was not so that we were convinced that it will hold up under stress. What have you guys found?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
If the helix screws are breaking on clutches that have never been apart I would say you need to run a steeper helix, or a radius cut helix that will open faster on the initial hit. If they have been removed before, start replacing the screws with new ones.

Premium Features