• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ophir Creek

K
Oct 7, 2018
Has anyone been to Ophir Creek? It is down by Beulah or Rye, CO. A friend mentioned this spot to me. Is it a good place to go or should we steer clear of it?

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Never been, but want to.

Have seen pics and vids, and it looks ok there.

Getting enough snow is probably the main issues there, more so than being a good or bad riding area.

When i got into sleds several years ago i watched snow levels and tried to hit all the spots close to the front range to see how they were. Never made it to Ophir, because most of them just weren't getting the snow.

So i'd give it a try, if they got enough snow.

M
Dec 26, 2008
Yes they got snow. Check out Colorado CSA website for trail report and snow dept. Last week they got two feet. One main groomed trail with a few side trails. Really a nice close place with some off trail areas. Fun if the snow is right.

K
Oct 7, 2018
thanks guys. I think we might be going there this weekend. we will see. I checked out the colorado csa. looks like they have about 2-3ft of base (depending on which trail). hopefully they have a little more.

K
Oct 7, 2018
Ended up going to Cottonwood. Snow was a blast up there. Got a bit windy on Sunday afternoon. You could also see a few avalanche slides. Just keep an eye out if you go.

Premium Features