• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sidewinder Demos?

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Does anyone know of any upcoming sidewinder demo rides or dealers that allow folks to demo a sled for a day? I'm really contemplating coming back to blue but want to spend a day on one. I know in the past Outlaw had done them and i was going to give them a call but didn't know if there would be any manufacture demos coming up.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Where are you located? I’ll be in the Big Horns next weekend with a stock 2017 and my 2018. The ‘17 has vertical steering on it, my personal one has a few things added to it. If you’re in the area you’re more than welcome to ride either one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Where are you located? I’ll be in the Big Horns next weekend with a stock 2017 and my 2018. The ‘17 has vertical steering on it, my personal one has a few things added to it. If you’re in the area you’re more than welcome to ride either one.

I’m in North Central Idaho.

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
Does anyone know of any upcoming sidewinder demo rides or dealers that allow folks to demo a sled for a day? I'm really contemplating coming back to blue but want to spend a day on one. I know in the past Outlaw had done them and i was going to give them a call but didn't know if there would be any manufacture demos coming up.

X2. I'm in Bozeman, MT.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Renting one in Cooke next week. Wanted to get a full day of seat time before I decide to add one to the stable. Have heard positive things about the SW so am anxious to see how it goes. Will post a review once I get back in town.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Ok, just as I mentioned in the above post, I would give "my" impression of the SW MTX. First of all, the sled is a rocket ship! The sled just flat out rips. Let me discuss the positive things first. Power is amazing. Fit and finish I thought were great. In deep snow is where this sled really shines. Yes, you can feel the extra weight. This is not a sled for a new rider. The sled is best in the hands of an experienced mountain rider. The sled is pretty easy to handle in deep snow and on the trail. In moderate snow, it was more of a work out. I guess I should also state that I currently own two G4's, one 165" and one 175". I owned an AXYS prior to that. The sled that I rented in Cooke was bone stock, no changes at all. Things I believe would make the sled better would be, Ski's and better suspension setup. It was kinda weird how it would push in moderate snow but not on the trail. Thing climbs insanely well, but definitely dives when you let off the throttle. It also likes to trench. Now other people I'm sure may have had different experiences. This thing is head and shoulders better than my turbo Nytro was. I'm glad I rode it for the day. I was really on the fence about buying one. However, after my experience, I think staying on a two stroke better suits my style of riding. Not looking for folks to agree or disagree with me, just providing my opinion. Ride what ya like.

Premium Features