• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Removing Electric Start on a Pro

U
Mar 9, 2015
Has anyone removed the electric start, battery, starter, solenoid, wiring and circuit breaker? If so did it cause any issues or can I remove everything except for the ring gear on the clutch without any worries?

Thanks for any help.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Has anyone removed the electric start, battery, starter, solenoid, wiring and circuit breaker? If so did it cause any issues or can I remove everything except for the ring gear on the clutch without any worries?

Thanks for any help.

You selling your ES? I might be interested in swapping clutches and buying kit from you.

Phat Cat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
Lacombe, Ab
You can't bolt a ring gear to a non ES clutch. No bolt holes. Like Polaris900rmk said sell it as a package. I was looking for a used kit last year but couldn't find anyone that would swap clutches. I ended up buying a new kit that includes a new ES clutch.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

U
Mar 9, 2015
Removed everything but the sled is throwing a diagnostic code 10, which is an abnormal rate of voltage change to the throttle position sensor. Anyone have any ideas on this code. Read one guy that said his was because of bad gas and that fresh gas fixed the issues.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Removed everything but the sled is throwing a diagnostic code 10, which is an abnormal rate of voltage change to the throttle position sensor. Anyone have any ideas on this code. Read one guy that said his was because of bad gas and that fresh gas fixed the issues.

Check your ground?

Premium Features