• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo Ski/Snowboard and Heavy Duty Bumper Instal Vid

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Thanks for the vid.

How do you deal with the back Mount holes being halve ways on the heat exchanger and halve of underneath the tunnel ?

I see on the front they have factory cut outs there.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Yes but if you drill them the hole will come out right on top of the seam between the cooler section and the outer tunnel .

This gives the nut insert only halve the surface and it has a 1/16 gap on the outside. the frond Link mounting areas have the inner tunnel sheet cut out but the back ones for the ski rack do not.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
The heavy duty bumper for the tow hitch has the holes for the Snowboard and ski rack predrilled on the inside only.
So before you install the bumper just drill through to the outside and instal your bumper and ski rack.

Note : There is no mention of that in the BRP literature but I compared both Bumpers and thy both work for the snowboard rack but the tow bumper is $200 cheaper :face-icon-small-sho and you can tow with it.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Yes but if you drill them the hole will come out right on top of the seam between the cooler section and the outer tunnel .

This gives the nut insert only halve the surface and it has a 1/16 gap on the outside. the frond Link mounting areas have the inner tunnel sheet cut out but the back ones for the ski rack do not.

sorry without a photo, it is hard to understand what you are dealing with, or your dealer will be able to answer it for you better as you can look at it. cheers dave

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
front and the better shot is the back where I had to cut it out

Those would be good pointers.

That is on a 154 and drilled dead on the marks up top everything fits as designed after this .

IMG_2803.jpg IMG_2792.jpg

Last edited:

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
Be careful lifting your sled when it is stuck with this new rear hd bumper. It is cast internally, and is as fragile as the bulkheads. Buddy down the street has it installed in order to add the snowboard rack. It broke in his hands on the first real pull when the sled got stuck.

Edit. Doubt this was installed incorrectly. Tom's snowmobiles in NorCal did the install. It is a 3 piece rear bumper and it has cast internals. He is not a large individual either (140lbs). Your results may vary.

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Be careful lifting your sled when it is stuck with this new hd bumper. It is cast internally, and is as fragile as the bulkheads. Buddy down the street has it installed in order to add the snowboard rack. It broke in his hands on the first real pull when the sled got stuck.

Photos? Not sure how it broke, it comes in pieces to put together with bolts so the only thing I can think of is they did not put the bolts in, when i installed mine it is bolted all the way along so i would think it would be near impossible to break by a human pulling on it. He could be the ultimate fighting champ though! I pulled a sled out yesterday with the rope just on the HD bumper with another guy who was pulling the other spindle with his regular bumper, his bent, mine did not...Sorry to hear!

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
front and the better shot is the back where I had to cut it out

Those would be good pointers.

That is on a 154 and drilled dead on the marks up top everything fits as designed after this .

I got ya, same on my 165, but i did not cut it out, there is not much load on the rack from that point, so you don't need to cut it out, cheers dave

Premium Features