• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 coolant

P
Nov 30, 2015
SE Idaho
On any other sled this is not normal and would indicate possible problems. Who knows what the BRP guys will say? It might be a special design feature to save weight or something. Just kidding, but I would assume it should have some coolant.:face-icon-small-hap

bugglin_bull

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2009
9ae672bce4ff0c10bcde06f90abcea87.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Zatch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Mine read it was overheating, turned out the Thermostat was broken.. in under 20 miles

Just an FYI and may not be your case, but a guy I ride with has a '17 850 that kept showing it was overheating on very first ride. Took it into dealer up in Cooke City, MT where we were and their computer showed it was a bad/broken thermostat. Well they didn't have a new one so decided to just keep riding it and watch it. Later that day we decided to pull the hood off and check it out, turns out the thermostat wasn't fully plugged in. The plastic snap connector on top of motor was loosely plugged together and not making full contact. So snapped it together and never had another overheating warning. Again may not be your case, but if your dealers computer shows it as a bad thermostat, I would maybe check the connection.

Premium Features