• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pipe sensor fix!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Pretty hoaky to me. Would have thought Doo could have done better.

I think I'll stick with my copper high temp silicone fix. Been working great nice a tight for the past several rides. Where it was loose or all the way out after 2 so.

B
Feb 18, 2009
Pretty hoaky to me. Would have thought Doo could have done better.

I think I'll stick with my copper high temp silicone fix. Been working great nice a tight for the past several rides. Where it was loose or all the way out after 2 so.

Looks like it will do the job and personally I have never had to replace one of these sensors so not sure why you would think it's "hoaky". Some people you just can't please...

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Hmmm.

Wonder if the rivet is into the pipe or just the heat shield.

Drill the rivet to remove the sensor retainer.... good thing those dont need service often !

The rivets are only through the heat shield.

I agree, good thing those pipe sensors are fairly reliable...

Thanks Ski Doo for addressing this problem quickly. Only a couple more fixes to go!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Looks like it will do the job and personally I have never had to replace one of these sensors so not sure why you would think it's "hoaky". Some people you just can't please...

Let's start with rivets in the heat Sheilds that will vibrate loose, which could cause cracks in the shield. Could... and end up with a loose sensor again...

Next it looks as if you need to drill the rivets out every time you need to take the sensor out. Which for 99% not a bid deal. But myself and I know I'm not alone, pretty crappy.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad they fixed it, just was expecting a bit more is all.

s.e.xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
juneau ak
Let's start with rivets in the heat Sheilds that will vibrate loose, which could cause cracks in the shield. Could... and end up with a loose sensor again...

Next it looks as if you need to drill the rivets out every time you need to take the sensor out. Which for 99% not a bid deal. But myself and I know I'm not alone, pretty crappy.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad they fixed it, just was expecting a bit more is all.

No need to take the sensor out of the pipe. just unplug the connector and remove leaving sensor in the pipe.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Remove the heat shield, enough to take out the probe.

K
Sep 4, 2012
Tri-Cities, WA
Was hoping it would be a different fix that didn't involve the shield. After the season I was planning on having my pipe get chromex'ed and get rid of the shield all together.

Premium Features