• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

More Sun, More Pow

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
xbx2cg.png

2eelsgo.png

r8cx2b.png

2e1gb9s.png

xc83l1.png

1567i2a.png

21919v5.png

55ja4h.png

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Looks GREAT Dave!...with that being said, a lot of guys are having problems with their sleds in regard to belts blowing, and front end damage due to smaller hits...

...have you had any of these issues? Is the factory, or powers to be, know of the frustrations some are having?

Ace

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Looks GREAT Dave!...with that being said, a lot of guys are having problems with their sleds in regard to belts blowing, and front end damage due to smaller hits...

...have you had any of these issues? Is the factory, or powers to be, know of the frustrations some are having?

Ace

Like I said in another forum, it is not worth it for me to get into this anymore as the guys who are negative will turn anything I say into something negative. I am surprised by what guys come up with that is not even close to the truth but because someone said it, guys think it is true. Some guys said the prototype bulkheads must have been different, when in truth they are the same, difference is at the end of the season there is noting to hit, at the beginning there it. Engineers have been looking at everything and they know, they are always working. The guys who want answers yesterday are never going to be happy, any issues they find needs to be addressed properly, as if they do a quick half *** job then people will be even more mad, any problem is considered huge by the guy who has it, however with the internet now and especially this year there are a lot of guys adding fuel to the fire that don't even have a G4, the problem seems way bigger than it is, of course your not going to get the guys who are riding coming on here, they are to busy riding. My machines have been running perfectly 1700km on 2 machines, I just had a sensor back out on one, and have know about the fix, but it was right over christmas break, so now they are back, the fix for that has happened. I don't think using foul language, yelling or calling people morons will speed up the fix and how it is delivered so to those guys who insist on using those strategies I ask, how does that work in any situation, does it make stuff happen faster, if it was directed at them about what they do, would it make them work faster, doubt it. Any issue will be worked through and it will happen as quick as possible. It is not meant to put any rider out, it is just that things can and do take time. I also have seen guys who are having belt problems run on clicker 2 and i say to them put it to clicker one as they are over reving, they say they don't want to, so there is a lot of people who won't listen, I am not saying this is for every person but like the bulk heads I would say more than half would be guys that hit something hard yet they say they were doing 8 mph, and everyone believes them. It is really difficult to get anything accurate as there has been only one person who has said they made a mistake and hit something hard...I have learned now that unless I have something positive to add or a fix or be helpful, that I am just wasting space and making something seem different than the way it is, so that is why unless I have an answer, what is the point. I wish more guys on here did the same. It is why some companies including BRP don't answer questions anymore, it is not that they don't want to work with consumer but it is the so called internet experts that wont listen and turn everything around to suit them, that just make it pointless. I know several of these companies and it is something they talk about. I have learned that negativity towards me is more about the person directing it than me, so I have learned to let it go, it is hard and the reason why lots choose not to come on these forums which is too bad because all of those guys know a lot! I continue to do so because the forums helped me out a great deal when i started this sport and there were so many great guys adding great stuff, I am trying to continue that and i think some guys appreciate it, so I will continue. I have been out riding everyday and having a blast on these new sleds, I wish any issues guys are having are solved quickly for each and everyone so we can all be out enjoying the beauty this sport brings us! Happy New year! Keep a clear head and work with your dealer on any issues and hopefully it will be solved as quick as possible for ya!:face-icon-small-coo

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
This is the best way to rub it in. Dave's sled is running fine..

I have several sleds and they are all running great, but it does not make me feel better that some guys are having issues. In fact i would rather have the issues than other guys. I get to have fun every day, for the guys who are only out on specific days I would rather that day be perfect for them. It is why we are trying to work together with people to figure it all out. No one is laughing or not putting their time into it. They would not be brp employees is they were.

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Thanks Dave! Please ask them to solve the belt problem first. I can avoid rocks, but not WOT!

G
Jan 30, 2010
All I am asking for is for you or BRP to acknowledge there is issues, and that they are working on it. I fully admit I am to blame for snagging a stone with my ski. This was not a hard hit at all.I have nothing to lose by lying about it, actually I would be fine with it if it was a hard hit. I am fully capable to fix it myself and fortunate enough to pay for parts with out worrying about the money. Some are not so fortunate. People have spent a lot of money on these machines and have bank loans on them. I sincerely hope BRP can help people out that have spent a lot of money to buy there product. I have no issue with you Dave but you seem to be the only communication we have with BRP. Our dealers can only do so much and my dealer's rep says he has only heard of mine and one other incident.??????????

Last edited:
S
Jan 16, 2008
Lincoln MT
Well put Dave. 850 owner here, blown away with how amazing this machine is! And not a single problem on mine or a friends with over 300 miles on both.

PS learn to use paragraphs ;)

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Well put Dave. 850 owner here, blow away with how amazing this machine is! And not a single problem on mine or a friends with over 300 miles on both.

PS learn to use paragraphs ;)

I hear ya, I have a 10 month old crawling on me so what ya get is what you get, she is waaaaaaaaaay more important than paragraphs...I also have adhd, so deal with it!:face-icon-small-ton

T
Dec 22, 2008
Wenatchee,WA
Like I said in another forum, it is not worth it for me to get into this anymore as the guys who are negative will turn anything I say into something negative. I am surprised by what guys come up with that is not even close to the truth but because someone said it, guys think it is true. Some guys said the prototype bulkheads must have been different, when in truth they are the same, difference is at the end of the season there is noting to hit, at the beginning there it. Engineers have been looking at everything and they know, they are always working. The guys who want answers yesterday are never going to be happy, any issues they find needs to be addressed properly, as if they do a quick half *** job then people will be even more mad, any problem is considered huge by the guy who has it, however with the internet now and especially this year there are a lot of guys adding fuel to the fire that don't even have a G4, the problem seems way bigger than it is, of course your not going to get the guys who are riding coming on here, they are to busy riding. My machines have been running perfectly 1700km on 2 machines, I just had a sensor back out on one, and have know about the fix, but it was right over christmas break, so now they are back, the fix for that has happened. I don't think using foul language, yelling or calling people morons will speed up the fix and how it is delivered so to those guys who insist on using those strategies I ask, how does that work in any situation, does it make stuff happen faster, if it was directed at them about what they do, would it make them work faster, doubt it. Any issue will be worked through and it will happen as quick as possible. It is not meant to put any rider out, it is just that things can and do take time. I also have seen guys who are having belt problems run on clicker 2 and i say to them put it to clicker one as they are over reving, they say they don't want to, so there is a lot of people who won't listen, I am not saying this is for every person but like the bulk heads I would say more than half would be guys that hit something hard yet they say they were doing 8 mph, and everyone believes them. It is really difficult to get anything accurate as there has been only one person who has said they made a mistake and hit something hard...I have learned now that unless I have something positive to add or a fix or be helpful, that I am just wasting space and making something seem different than the way it is, so that is why unless I have an answer, what is the point. I wish more guys on here did the same. It is why some companies including BRP don't answer questions anymore, it is not that they don't want to work with consumer but it is the so called internet experts that wont listen and turn everything around to suit them, that just make it pointless. I know several of these companies and it is something they talk about. I have learned that negativity towards me is more about the person directing it than me, so I have learned to let it go, it is hard and the reason why lots choose not to come on these forums which is too bad because all of those guys know a lot! I continue to do so because the forums helped me out a great deal when i started this sport and there were so many great guys adding great stuff, I am trying to continue that and i think some guys appreciate it, so I will continue. I have been out riding everyday and having a blast on these new sleds, I wish any issues guys are having are solved quickly for each and everyone so we can all be out enjoying the beauty this sport brings us! Happy New year! Keep a clear head and work with your dealer on any issues and hopefully it will be solved as quick as possible for ya!:face-icon-small-coo

If it helps I took another ski hit last weekend (lower speed 5-10 mph) and everything was fine this time. But I have raptor shocks up front now and no swaybar links in. First hit was all stock when it broke. The way I look at it is **** happens when your ride, If you put in enough miles something is bound to happen no matter what your on.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
When you are a spokesperson for a company, you are expected to speak. Best post in a while. Thanks

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
2017 gen 4 850 sp

I have just over 300 mi. on mine I have felt some "bumps" from stumps or logs under the powder but so far no issues. The sled is amazing! My dealer said he has delivered 60 of them with no issues. I am happy and hoping I have no issues because I really like this machine.

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009

My g4 154 and 3 of my friends we are all having som issues with low elevation running way to high rpm! With the clicker on 1 it pushes 8100rpm!
On clicker 3 stock it was hitting rev limiter all the time. Thers is little parts stock to work on say the dealer. Also the engagement is 4400rpm ? In the spec it say 3600? What to do? And the front shock springs are way to soft.

The sled rocks big time!
Thanks

s.e.xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
juneau ak
Ive had some issues and I knew going with the first year g4 that I would have some. In our area we have always had belt problems as we ride 1000' 4000' and our snow is heavy with a high water content even our powder is heavy. Clutching needs to be figured out on every sled. mine runs flawless even with the sensor popping out a couple times. I smacked a tree and busted up the s and m mods but its my fault. I didn't bend the a arm though. Im sure doo will beef this thing up some. Overall it is the best sled Ive ridden to date. Its My 12th skidoo. ive had the 01, 04 rev, 05 1000, 08 xp first year sleds now a 17 g4. we will figure this thing out and it will be great.

Premium Features