• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muff Pot on Gen 4

D
Dec 4, 2007
Anyone with pics

Honestly don't believe there is a way. Anyone with pics. Waiting on aftermarket can but hate not having a muffpot. ??

By the way... Deep powder today in Idaho and these 850's are absolutely amazing!!! Not even comparable to my xm. I'll have video tomorrow. 3-4 feet of fresh!!! ??❄️❄️

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
Cut out the heat shield and insulation and it fits fine. I didn't put food in it yesterday to see if it would get hot, but the muffpot was fairly warm riding in deep powder. Quit a bit of snow gets pushed through the footwell in that area so I'm not sure yet how well it will work ImageUploadedByTapatalk1482002719.830686.jpg
Update- plenty warm, food was almost hot halfway through the day. Works just fine

Last edited:
G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
I fabbed up this heat shield for today's ride. Its 3 layers of foiled bubble wrap like you use for a household water heater.
It definitely helped, but not enough. Going to try modding the muffler heat shroud to get better contact.

image.jpeg

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
double wrap your sandwich and slap it on the clutch cover

she gets hot on that side ;)

(no but seriously .. it does!!! I enjoyed a hot toasty sandwich as I waited for my clutches to cool off while cleaning out belt guts) :face-icon-small-con

Used to do that on my XM too .. cheap man's muff pot !

G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
double wrap your sandwich and slap it on the clutch cover

she gets hot on that side ;)

Just on yours. :peep:

Similar arrangement on my XM. Perfect temperature. Trying to duplicate.
I have several of the same container, so I'd like to make that work.

I don't mess around with just sandwiches. Today was ginger beef and chicken chow mien.

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
Mine is similar. Not a muffpot though. A container from an outdoors store and I spring I had.

It's not getting hot enough for my liking.

I don't think it will get hot enough unless you cut he heat shield away some to contact the muffler. Mine has a hole cut out where the plate sits against it.

T
Dec 19, 2016
Mapleton Utah
Cut out the heat shield and insulation and it fits fine. I didn't put food in it yesterday to see if it would get hot, but the muffpot was fairly warm riding in deep powder. Quit a bit of snow gets pushed through the footwell in that area so I'm not sure yet how well it will work View attachment 277465
Update- plenty warm, food was almost hot halfway through the day. Works just fine

Mounted mine here cut the shielding I need to get more surface area touching the muffler gonna try bending it and maybe some crumpled up foil or even some jb weld. My muffler was way hot after 2 hours of riding and my hot pocket was warm enough to eat.

Premium Features