• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Happy New Year Pow!

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
t8oqky.png

11cawb5.png

2e1apg3.png

21d331s.png

2mpam87.png

35jfp1y.png

v5x3rt.png

fvzjn5.png

fo2hhl.png

qzlsuo.png

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
How many belts were blown while getting these shots? Or is it a 2018?:)

I have 750km and 900km on 2 machines and belts look like typical shape as 2016-2015 T3 belts looked. I have had to adjust for deflection more than the 2016-2015 T3 and so far the chain case adjustment has been out the same, big stretch and then nothing since...

M
Apr 24, 2016
Yukon
Hey Dave, how come you are not commenting on all the busted E and S modules?? Please give us your thoughts.

I've been wondering about this for a while. There's so many videos online now to give you guys an idea about how little it's taking to almost write these things off.

Even from one of the first breaks I've been wondering how a plastic ski held up where a bulkhead shattered... I think it was ToyotaMobbin's post? We clearly understand where and how the force was applied to his sled, but still, that seems ridiculous to have happen.

I swore off owning all Polaris products after the failure they called a frame in their rzr line up. I really don't want to see this happen with Ski-Doo/Can-Am.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Hey Dave, how come you are not commenting on all the busted E and S modules?? Please give us your thoughts.

Can't win, no matter what I say negative comments will always ensue. Every answer I put out there is the truth but of course guys will always turn it around to make them seem right! I also decided a while back i will not comment when guys are rude and especially when they use certain language when talking about engineers etc. If i walked into your workplace and called you(or your workplace) a douche then asked for some information, would you give it to me. The other fact is that guys always tell me how rad they ride and how WFO they ride, until they hit something, then they were riding at 8 mph. Interestingly I have never watched my speedo when I am riding as this would cause me to hit something, and if you look down at your speedo after you hit something it probably read half of what you were doing. I think it is a bummer that a bunch of guys have damaged their machines.However if you choose to ride in early season conditions, and yes this can be in the middle of winter in some places, well we all know it is hard to hold back. I get ragged on for sled skiing but the reason i sled ski for the first month is because I am out riding up a trail i make then skiing and getting a wicked day without the need or temptation to go hard but not hit something. Also relying on the internet as a representative of the whole group of sledders is silly at best. Christopher summed it up best, it sucks but it was his own fault. He hit something. BRP did not make you get out and ride your sled into something. It may not seem fast but with carbides and the way you hit something you can do a lot of damage. One suggestion that was good was to take the carbides off and use a flat carbide, this is a great idea. I will finish up by saying that if anyone ever has any questions and is reasonable and is honest then I always send them my honest opinion, but I now do that by people who PM me, as it is not worth getting into ego matches on the internet for me. All the opinions in those threads are guys just feeding off each other in a negative way and life is just to valuable for me to go down to that level.

Facts:
Guys hit stuff
Guys have broken stuff
It sucks
A-Arms have also been broken(seen several) without bulkhead damage
its fixable
you can do the work(cheaper) or dealer does for a lot more
what ever the number is it is not that many for the amount of sleds out there killing it and jumping 100 plus feet. @robalford @jonjean
have fun
try not to hit something
anything else is emotional and I get it, but if you break your leg it is easy to say you just fell over, and you can blame everyone else but really it is your own fault, own up to it and fix it, you will enjoy life much better!

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
Good answer Dave, I feel for the guys that have wrecked their new sleds but many of use choose not to ride until there is enough base snow to protect us from the unseen hazards below. I am a bit surprised that you have been lucky enough not to contact one of these particularly when you are in deep powder. My history with Skidoo since 1996 is that if there is a problem they will provide a fix but I will be patient and wait for their response rather than speculate.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Good answer Dave, I feel for the guys that have wrecked their new sleds but many of use choose not to ride until there is enough base snow to protect us from the unseen hazards below. I am a bit surprised that you have been lucky enough not to contact one of these particularly when you are in deep powder. My history with Skidoo since 1996 is that if there is a problem they will provide a fix but I will be patient and wait for their response rather than speculate.

I have hit stuff three times, once very good, I was lucky the ski stopped hard but bounced up and off, it was a good reminder that it can happen, not denying that. I was surprised I did not do any damage except to the ski base. I also piled into a stump and put it right through my left side panel door, it was on the day these photos were taken, I continued to ride and thought I am going to get pow in the left door and belt will blow, I kept riding and pow got in a bit until i placed a pair of gloves between clutch cover and door, finished off the day, no problem. Replaced the door, broke the upper latch as well and agree it is kind of weak there ,crazy glued that and all is good again...waiting on wrap pieces to show up...stuff happens.

Last edited:
B
Feb 18, 2009
Can't win, no matter what I say negative comments will always ensue. Every answer I put out there is the truth but of course guys will always turn it around to make them seem right! I also decided a while back i will not comment when guys are rude and especially when they use certain language when talking about engineers etc. If i walked into your workplace and called you(or your workplace) a douche then asked for some information, would you give it to me. The other fact is that guys always tell me how rad they ride and how WFO they ride, until they hit something, then they were riding at 8 mph. Interestingly I have never watched my speedo when I am riding as this would cause me to hit something, and if you look down at your speedo after you hit something it probably read half of what you were doing. I think it is a bummer that a bunch of guys have damaged their machines.However if you choose to ride in early season conditions, and yes this can be in the middle of winter in some places, well we all know it is hard to hold back. I get ragged on for sled skiing but the reason i sled ski for the first month is because I am out riding up a trail i make then skiing and getting a wicked day without the need or temptation to go hard but not hit something. Also relying on the internet as a representative of the whole group of sledders is silly at best. Christopher summed it up best, it sucks but it was his own fault. He hit something. BRP did not make you get out and ride your sled into something. It may not seem fast but with carbides and the way you hit something you can do a lot of damage. One suggestion that was good was to take the carbides off and use a flat carbide, this is a great idea. I will finish up by saying that if anyone ever has any questions and is reasonable and is honest then I always send them my honest opinion, but I now do that by people who PM me, as it is not worth getting into ego matches on the internet for me. All the opinions in those threads are guys just feeding off each other in a negative way and life is just to valuable for me to go down to that level.

Facts:
Guys hit stuff
Guys have broken stuff
It sucks
A-Arms have also been broken(seen several) without bulkhead damage
its fixable
you can do the work(cheaper) or dealer does for a lot more
what ever the number is it is not that many for the amount of sleds out there killing it and jumping 100 plus feet. @robalford @jonjean
have fun
try not to hit something
anything else is emotional and I get it, but if you break your leg it is easy to say you just fell over, and you can blame everyone else but really it is your own fault, own up to it and fix it, you will enjoy life much better!

You are 100% correct in that there is risk but the fact is the bulkhead in by far the weakest of all the brands and it's almost a grand for the 2 major components. I've been on Skidoo since 2004 and would consider myself mostly brand loyal but this issue has me considering other options. I do expect some issues in the first year and that is why I don't buy a first year sled but if Skidoo can't admit there is a problem here and do something about it I'm going to be looking elsewhere.

I totally understand your position on the discussion because you really can't personally do anything about it and to admit there is a problem would not be in BRPs best interests but I sure hope you encouraging the engineers to address this issue.

B

birdie

Dec 18, 2007
Sherwood Park Alberta
Dave I appreciate your response Well stated :face-icon-small-coo
As an spokesperson for BRP you have input and real time on the sled and I am grateful for the effort you have put forth to Ski-Doo but you are not the person to make the decision
That is further up the chain of command
Some people recognize this and others donot have an understanding of how this works
We live in a time where people want to blame others for there errors and not take charge of there own life
It is a difficult time to understand the real pulse here when some are complaining and most are silent as they have not had issues
I love the G4 and have had a Doo since the 98X
We have seen lots of issues & success's with the product since then but what product has come out the box and had no issue

Would people be satisfied with an iPhone 3
Would we be satisfied with a Windows 98 computer
Would we be satisfied with a 1978 Chev 1/2 ton with a steel deck that sides did not retract

You get my point I hope

Hope you know there is still a large bunch of folks who appreciate all you do to make us better riders and better techs on our own sleds

Ya gotta love YouTube Boys
It is for us dummy's

Birdie

B
Feb 18, 2009
Dave I appreciate your response Well stated :face-icon-small-coo
As an spokesperson for BRP you have input and real time on the sled and I am grateful for the effort you have put forth to Ski-Doo but you are not the person to make the decision
That is further up the chain of command
Some people recognize this and others donot have an understanding of how this works
We live in a time where people want to blame others for there errors and not take charge of there own life
It is a difficult time to understand the real pulse here when some are complaining and most are silent as they have not had issues
I love the G4 and have had a Doo since the 98X
We have seen lots of issues & success's with the product since then but what product has come out the box and had no issue

Would people be satisfied with an iPhone 3
Would we be satisfied with a Windows 98 computer
Would we be satisfied with a 1978 Chev 1/2 ton with a steel deck that sides did not retract

You get my point I hope

Hope you know there is still a large bunch of folks who appreciate all you do to make us better riders and better techs on our own sleds

Ya gotta love YouTube Boys
It is for us dummy's

Birdie

Anyone and everyone at BRP should be looking out for the consumer. You are correct that it's not his decision but that does not mean he should not stand up for what is right. The fact is that the Gen4 has the weakest bulkhead (by very large margin) of all mountains sleds. No one is asking for BRP to make it the strongest but at least make it somewhere in the neighborhood of the others.

The other thing to note is that Norna is a major public figure for BRP. When all is good and introducing the new sleds he is front and center. It's not right to run and hide when things go wrong, if you are going to do the job then do the entire and complete job!

Last but not least if I recall Norna himself in one of the Gen4 videos bragged up the new front end and how it was designed stronger making the a-arms the weak point. This is the furthest from the truth and BRP needs to address it. Again, I think most people understand Norna does not make the decision but he should be communicating to us that BRP is reviewing the concern and how/if action will be taken instead of basically saying he does not see a problem because he has hit things without any major damage.

For the most part I like Norna but if he is going to brag up and sell the sleds he should also be publicly addressing the major issues. Don't just do the easy part of your job, please do the entire job!

Last edited:
Premium Features