• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mountain addiction gas cans

2blade

Sep 5, 2008
Four or five of us bought cans at hay days. I lost two gas caps and a friend lost one of his. We watched the caps making sure they were tight, they must be sensitive to temperature changes. I talked to mountain addiction and they were not willing to help out. They will happily sell you new one for five bucks plus freight. If they would fix the mold for the can and put the lock ring back on the can all the problems would go away.!

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
Four or five of us bought cans at hay days. I lost two gas caps and a friend lost one of his. We watched the caps making sure they were tight, they must be sensitive to temperature changes. I talked to mountain addiction and they were not willing to help out. They will happily sell you new one for five bucks plus freight. If they would fix the mold for the can and put the lock ring back on the can all the problems would go away.!

if only it were that easy just to fix the mold, the molds they use cost thousands upon thousands of dollars, ive seen the setup....were there any suggested reasons for coming off from them? I have run three sets and never had an issue, guess i will watch them.

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
I'm looking at buying this set up and personally I'd rather have to watch the caps and maybe have a spare on hand than deal with the 'childproof' lids.
I feel for ya', but don't see how they could replace a lost cap.
But thanks for the heads up, I'll be rigging up a safety wire on my caps when they come in!

Bag

B

Budd

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern, ID.
Its the best fuel can set up that I have had, running the 3.3 size. No problems at all and excellent customer service too. Budd

ekingland

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2009
very good tanks- one small issue

i have owned mine for 2 seasons. for some reason i keep kicking off the caps while riding. i have turned the tanks both directions but for some reason it has happened twice. i'm thinking a cap tether would be real nice. this year it happened on a casual ride so it was not as big of a deal. last year it happened on our week long ride and at the beginning of a days ride. i had to dump gas in multiple sleds.

i would still recommend them. they are a great design and very easy to use. even if the caps had a hole in them i could zip tie them to the handle in case i knock one off it isn't lost.

D

Double A

Nov 27, 2007
Central Washington
I've had the twin jugs on my sled for 4 seasons now. Going on the 2nd season with their gear bag which is interchangeable with the jugs and keeps my stuff dry, hauls all my lunch stuff, shovel/shovel handle, extra gloves, etc.

Great products, plus they mfg all their stuff in the USA and Canada !!

C

chief 8101

Nov 26, 2007
Monroe WA
99% of the time that the caps come off is that the cans are positioned where a person is hitting the caps with their feet when riding and thowing their feet back and forth over the sled. Flip the cans around the other direction or move them a little farther back and you should solve the problem.

WFOWA

Lifetime Membership
Jun 10, 2008
SOCO
only problem I ever had was losing jugs on jumps or really bumpy trails. I used to run a strap over them. Bought a new set this year and now I have a new complaint. look at the threads on this jug. does this look problematic to you? Mountain Addiction says there is no problem but I just don't see it that way. She says it came from the factory that way so that makes it acceptable?

20131030_184215 (1).jpg

Premium Features