• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone put an 09 adjustable steering post on an 05 M?

D
Dec 5, 2007
MN
I am wondering if a person can put a telescoping steering post from an 09 on an 05 M7. I know everyone is going to be telling me to get a Rox riser, but I like how quickly the stock 09 posts can be adjusted and the $. I am 6'1" and my wife is 5'1". This will go on her M so it isn't so painful when I have to ride hers every once in a while.

Thanks.

73GOLIATH

Jan 3, 2008
hi
it will bolt up but in the lowest setting it will still be about a 3 in rise because of the handle bars on the 05 m

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Get a rox riser! (honestly, compared to getting the whole adj. setup, it's cheaper also)

73g is right though, it will bolt right up. I would think it would be more than 3" though, wouldn't it Jim? Isn't the 05 bar higher than that?

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
beside the motor it my favorite thing on the sled!!!!! Im thinking of trying to get one on my POS Tdragon:face-icon-small-hap

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
I did it there are 2 ways to do it some guys are moving the lower mount and adding a bit of extra alloy plate so it is like the 07 and up where the post mounts.I did the cut and weld thing used my old post lower section and new upper welded in a plug or what ever you want to call it in side old post lower then slid new upper and welded together.post moving or welding is not what was the *****.the pain is all the wires the new harness has less than 1/2 the wires than the 05 06 and they need to move up and down behind the plate and around the post.I also needed to reroute and extend 1 ground on mag side on top of cooler and extend 1 warmer wire.do it again prob took allot longer than I planed but I do allot of mixed riding in da UP deff nice to just drop when sitting buzzing trail and pull up with out slowing down when a logging road presents it self.I see youre in MN what part? I am western burbs LK minnetonka area if close buy you could stop buy and check out what I had to do I also have the lower mount I ordered and did not use because I went with the cut and weld if close and you want it I think it is still floating around my center console maybe I tossed it what ever yours if you want it if I still have

Last edited:
Premium Features