• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 M1000 What do I need to watch out for?

T
Jan 9, 2010
EC ND
I would put an anti-stab kit on the front of your rails. That 3.0 pitch could cause you some trouble when you least expect it. Otherwise you should like the sled. Im riding an 09 m1k sp le and it is a blast. We also put on a gauge lifter from the madscientist, it vents out alot of heat and it makes it so nice to see your gauge. And also you might want to put in the #5203 bearing in your diamond drive right away so that you dont have to worry about it. It is a pretty simple fix for about $25.00. I've got a buddy that got about 4-500 miles on his 010 M8 and that bearing already died. There is a post about it on here that you can read up on it. Very simple fix! There is also a piece in the front of the bulk head that ties the L and R a arms bolts together it is refered to as the dog bone for $3.00. Dont get me wrong you will love the sled, there are just a couple of things that are cheap that will give you tons of worry free operation.

J

Jeff K

Jan 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
Make sure to change your Diamond Drive oil frequently and inspect the old oil for ANY signs of brass or metal fragments. Any signs of wear means the DD is on borrowed time. You should be able to get 2000+ miles out of the DD with proper maintenance.

Other than that, they are GREAT sleds! Pull and go!

heavy_haul

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Meridian, Id
Thanks for Replies

I received some good comments and things to do and not to do. The best one I would say was JUST RIDE IT. I still have a 1 year warranty so I will just ride it and enjoy it for now. After warranty expires, then I may do the upgrades and changes. Thanks to all who responded and commented. To all Keep on sledding and having fun.:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I received some good comments and things to do and not to do. The best one I would say was JUST RIDE IT. I still have a 1 year warranty so I will just ride it and enjoy it for now. After warranty expires, then I may do the upgrades and changes. Thanks to all who responded and commented. To all Keep on sledding and having fun.:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

A month or two before your warranty is up pull the Y pipe and take a look at the pistons. If you have any scuffing or score marks get it fixed while under warranty.

Thunder

M

Mnt bound

Aug 16, 2008
Western Colorado
Sometimes the gauge fails. I'm on my 4th. As stated above watch the dd. I personally like the 09 re-flash. I just have a can on my exhaust all else is stock. If you go with a y-pipe and/pipe you have to get a fuel controller. 2 top ends later I learned this. Dealer said I would be fine... whatever. There is a ton of very good info on this forum. Have fun

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
A month or two before your warranty is up pull the Y pipe and take a look at the pistons. If you have any scuffing or score marks get it fixed while under warranty.

Thunder

Martin..
I rode this sled today and it has a bad hesitation then takes off..is that because its new or should he go back to the dealer? the snow was ok about 3 to 4" with a crusty base i got stuck a few times and Shane came to the rescue with m1 to dig the lil 800 out...

Premium Features