• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is HWY 70 from Baggs to Riverside open?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Is this highway typically open in the winter and spring?

Riding outta Saratoga saturday, and I'm trying to find the quickest way ...

It'd be nice if I didn't have to go up through Creston Junction and back down coming from Vernal :)

S
Dec 18, 2008
Laramie, Wyoming
According to WYDOT it is still closed for winter from Battle Mountain to Riverside. I think that is what you were thinking about. It is not closed all the way to Baggs but at Battle Mountain.

This part of the highway closes just like 130. For people to ride. More people ride the snowies but the Sierra Madres can be good as well.

S

Snow Fox

Is this highway typically open in the winter and spring?

Riding outta Saratoga saturday, and I'm trying to find the quickest way ...

It'd be nice if I didn't have to go up through Creston Junction and back down coming from Vernal :)

It will be closed until around memorial day. If your coming from Vernal, the quickest way would be to take Hwy 191 South into Rock Springs and then I-80.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
It will be closed until around memorial day. If your coming from Vernal, the quickest way would be to take Hwy 191 South into Rock Springs and then I-80.

It's actually quicker to go to Craig then up through Baggs to I-80 and bypass Rawlins completley ... It good weather it probably doesn't make much difference, but pulling a trailer or in bad roads it's definatley a lot easier driving ...

undergroundrmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Craig, Colorado
You can ride from the Baggs side and have someone pick you up on the Encampment side if you are meeting someone over there good riding between Baggs and Encampment. Have done it a few times but have friends in Saratoga so usually ride Battle one day and ride the range for a day and have them drop me off at the battle parking lot and ride over and load up. Heard Battle was good but have not personably been up there lately. If I did not have to work this weekend would go with ya. My machine is in Saratoga now so I am riding a loaner but parts did not come in they were going to meet me up there and swap this weekend. maybe next weekend I will go over.

Premium Features