• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fxr boots good or bad?

Wanted to get some snowest feedback on the FXR Backshift boot. I know everyone loves Klim but I did'nt care for the feel of the boot. I have tried on the FXR's and really liked the feel. Looking to see how they hold up in the field. I ride in colorado where it's cold and the snow is deep. Any advice is welcomed.

thanks,

ZGSLED

Last edited:
R

Ramjet15x

Nov 27, 2007
Leduc, AB
FZR Boots

Junk,
Soles tore to hell on Doo boards and were wet on FIRST ride, had them for 3 weekends and took them back...
Klims way better

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
If the boot doesn't fit your foot, there is no reason to buy it. I love them and think they are the best, but you would be miserable every day wearing them. It is possible you could correct the feel of the boot with a different insole. That may or may not work.
We also sell the FXR line of boots. They are what they are. They are comfortable, but most people need to replace them each season. Not much support. They should be waterproof, but if your feet sweat you will probably still feel wet. You will likely experience that with any non Gore-Tex boot though. I don't really know how else to explain them. They are an average snowmobile boot. Not the best, but not the worst either. Sorry I'm not more help.
You may also look into Trukke and HMK. Many people find those to be comfortable as well. If you like the HMK, just don't get something rated to -50as your feet will be sweating constantly and will end up cold from being wet.

H

HOTRODREDNECK

Oct 28, 2008
COLORADO
i shreaded a pair of the fxr backshifts last yr. halfway through the season the soles had worn holes in them. i liked them up until that point. not worth the money if they dont even make it 1 season. i'm gonna try the hmk this year.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
I havent had good luck with HMK boots at all. Mine shredded the soles on the tunnel and they are constatly wet and cold. One day I rode with a pair of Cat boots instead of my HMK boats because they were so wet on a two day trip and my feet were actually WARMER!!! After that I bought the Klim's.

Premium Features