• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Official Snowies GPS loadable trails/maps ??

scottee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
omaha
Does anyone have a good official trail system maps? Looking for something to start building our on tracks on...

Any advice would be appreciated

Not looking for anyone personal tracks....

Thanks!

schwick

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2012
New Hampton, IA
i believe I have a copy of the trail maps, will be thursday night before I can check. Send me a pm and I'll email them too you. I have a garmin that I've used them on..

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
That is the trail map I created and posted a few years ago - if anyone can get ahold of a good JPEG or PDF of the maps without all of the text boxes that I removed that would be great. If not I think this is the best that we can do for now.

Here is the original thread with some instructions (2nd post is Snowy Range) - there are some Colorado maps in the first post if anyone needs them.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265592&highlight=kmz

Last edited:
B

Bergie

Apr 28, 2013
Omaha,NE
TMK,

I'm going up there on the 3rd JAN... I will attempt to grab an updated trail map .... or work off this one to create a better one... I just ran out of time ...

THANK YOU FOR GOING THRU THE EFFORT OF GEO-REFERENCING THIS!

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
TMK,

I'm going up there on the 3rd JAN... I will attempt to grab an updated trail map .... or work off this one to create a better one... I just ran out of time ...

THANK YOU FOR GOING THRU THE EFFORT OF GEO-REFERENCING THIS!

I haven't picked up a map for this year yet - but it will probably still have a bunch of text boxes all over it.

What we need is someone that works for the state trails to see if we can grab a copy prior to them doing all of those overlays. We tried a few years ago and were unable to. IMO it would be in the best interest of the state (or S&R) to provide these online. It might save a life or at least cut down on a couple of S&R missions every few years. Colorado's maps are spot on and very easy to work with....

B

Bergie

Apr 28, 2013
Omaha,NE
x

Yea, I called to ask for a digital copy of maps.... " I'm sorry we don't do that, but thats a good idea" was the response

He did make it seem like it was something they were considering in the near future

Flatlander78

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2009
Glasgow, MT
I just read an article in the new Snowest issue that said Forest Service is going to start offering digital maps for mobile devices. Sounds like they will be available on a "limited" basis starting March of 2014.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Hopefully that means gps units and not just cell phones. I downloaded the ap and there are a few maps. Nothing impressive so far, hopefully we'll see more this spring.

Premium Features