• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Started as a fuel issue

sledmasterminion

Lifetime Membership
Apr 9, 2017
Southwest Idaho
First time poster, long time searcher.
I was out riding with a few friends and my sled started bogging out pretty bad. I couldn't get over about 4000rpm out it. I shut it down and started looking for issues with the help of two experienced riders. Of course everyone had an idea(except me). I thought I lost my fuel pump after 30 minutes and I pulled it out dope on a rope.
I replaced the fuel pump, and had the same issues. At this point I'm pretty frustrated. I replaced the pulse line and made sure that I put new clamps on as well. I pulled the carbs numerous time assuming I missed something.
I had a sledmaster come over for expert advice. We spent an hour or two trying to find the issue. Checked the tank, in case the fuel line wasn't getting fuel somehow (full tank fyi).
What we did find was a lack of pulse/vacuum. I have an old vacuum line tester, but I wasn't sure how much deflection I should be seeing.
WE took the vacuum tester to a known working sled and tested it. Huge deflection.. At this point we assume it is the brass fitting into the block. Either the brass is cracked or its loose in the block. It was not loose. To get a better look at the fitting I pulled my Carb boot and reed housing out of the way.
Found the issue... Broken Vforce 3 reeds.
My sled is running perfecting as it should.
I learned a lot on this issue and appreciate all the help from my friends.
Sledmaster spent about 2 hours yesterday helping me out, Thank you Jennifer for letting Brian come over and play.

2008 Polaris Dragon with 01 800 crammed in. Hell of a good fix over stock. 163"

reeds.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features