• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Ski-Doo Rev Gen4 850...(Rumors and Spy Photos)

F
Oct 20, 2015
North Pole Alaska
I know this is an unpopular opinion but I for one would like the headlight and grip switches back on the bars. I HATE them being down below the bars. Its very annoying if the grips are burning the F out of your hands to have to stop completely and fumble around trying to turn them down. Same goes for high beam/low beam, I gotta sit down or come to a complete stop to adjust them. Thats just me tho. I know a ton of peope were happy they got moved down.

B

burnz

Jan 7, 2013
Nanton, Alberta
Found a ton of photos being floated around today.

Note, if these are all legit, then chances are very good I will be instructed to REMOVE all of them. I do NOT know if they are real or not.

a new rear shock and possibly new fronts is all I can tell from the summit anything I'm not seeing? pretty disappointing for year 4 of the chassis IMO. makes it easy for a guy to pick up an 18 or 19 instead of snowchecking though i guess eh?

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Everything has moved over to the G4 body style.

If it is a 4 stroke: 600 ACE, 900 ACE, or 900 ACE Turbo it is in the wide body.
I think there is two models, the Grand Touring and Renegade Enduro, that has the 600R and 850 in the wide body.

If it is a 2 stroke: 600R, 850 E-TEC, it is in the normal (skinnier body) G4.

XS and XR are completely gone.

XP remains in some sport models.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Back to thumb and hand warmers on separate controls. I always rode with the hands off an thumb all the way up. Now I can't and my thumb is cold! (Real world problems....i know :juggle: )

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
Back to thumb and hand warmers on separate controls. I always rode with the hands off an thumb all the way up. Now I can't and my thumb is cold! (Real world problems....i know :juggle: )

You can have your dealer change the percentage of heat that goes to the thumb and hand, you should be able to have the hands turned way down/off and just have the thumb controlled by the toggle switch.

I'm with you though, I'd like separate controls as well, I run a finger throttle and its pretty cold, I just haven't had the sled at the dealer and its not worth the 100 mile round trip just to have the grip/thumb/finger heaters adjusted.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Might be time for me to have my dealer “Adjust” my thumb setting as well. Yesterday I just couldn’t get my throttle thumb warm, felt cold all day long

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Since we’re just wishing
I wish fir the European rail mounted snow deflector

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Looks like the sp models will be a lighter color blue and the summit x is available in yellow for 2020

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
But they were already available in yellow in 2017?

Slightly different and your thinking of the sp models. They pictures on dootalk show a lot more yellow , panels hood, windshield, tunnel looks black. Basically there looks to be more color options for 2020.

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Not sure if it was patented but I had a early 2000's brake lever from an Arctic Cat on my Nytro where you pushed the brake lever forward to flip between hi and low beam.

It was a brilliant set up. Never had to look down and did not clutter up the hand controls on the bars.

Arctic Cat just as stupid as they don't use it anymore either.

Too bad....add this as a wish for the 2020 Summits

OTM

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I know this is an unpopular opinion but I for one would like the headlight and grip switches back on the bars. I HATE them being down below the bars. Its very annoying if the grips are burning the F out of your hands to have to stop completely and fumble around trying to turn them down. Same goes for high beam/low beam, I gotta sit down or come to a complete stop to adjust them. Thats just me tho. I know a ton of peope were happy they got moved down.

Boooooooo. Haha. I love mine off the bars. Nothing like a set of clean bars...

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Keep the bars clean!!!!

I totally agree. Keep the bars absolutely as clean as possible!!! Brake, throttle, kill switch. Everything else has got to go.

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
2020 sled improvements

Lynx models lol

Belt drive
Mono rail
154 cross over
Shorter risers
MACH 900 turbo
Summit 900 turbo
Bigger fuel tank
Lighter can

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
I totally agree. Keep the bars absolutely as clean as possible!!! Brake, throttle, kill switch. Everything else has got to go.

I always wear my tether so they could move the kill switch, (or as I call it, "the get stuck now button"), off the bars too!
As it is now I always have to relocate it to somewhere it wont get smashed or unintentionally pressed.

M
Dec 17, 2016
Northern Illinois
I always wear my tether so they could move the kill switch, (or as I call it, "the get stuck now button"), off the bars too!
As it is now I always have to relocate it to somewhere it wont get smashed or unintentionally pressed.

Nothing like going up hill in the trees and a branch hitting that kill switch! Makes for a fun stuck usually!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
picture.php

Premium Features