• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Ski-Doo Rev Gen4 850...(Rumors and Spy Photos)

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I personally dont think there will be anything new and if there was I don't think I would buy it right now. after riding all last week with various brands in my mind skidoo is the leader in the mtn segment but everyone has their opinion

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
My Summit 2020 wish list:

New skid with a setup like Tom's e-motion;

New gauges; and

LED headlights.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
To reduce energy use? To save the planet?

;-)

LED headlights are lighter, use less energy, and last longer. And of course, they help the sled use less oil and gas and help the clutches run cooler.:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I personally dont think there will be anything new and if there was I don't think I would buy it right now. after riding all last week with various brands in my mind skidoo is the leader in the mtn segment but everyone has their opinion

They have "something" coming.
Can't determine what it is in specific, YET

But it might be worth passing up the great deals on the holdover 2019s to get it.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
I don't share your fascination for fancy gauge clusters, on a good riding day you can't see them anyways :face-icon-small-hap I use a separate Garmin Zumo GPS which I think is a better GPS and is also easier to update than the Poo one you are referring to.

What I would like the gauge cluster to do though is to have at least some correlation between fuel level and fuel gauge read out!! As it is now it's ridiculous!!!! The number of bars on the gauge is at best a vague hint to how much fuel is left!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
850 turbo ? brp have some patent on that 1 or 2 wear back . i do not think they will go there but it will be crazy especially for high altitude .

They did some parts for the Aero setups for their factory race sleds but I doubt they would ever seriously contemplate anything for the consumer, just too many issues.
I would like to see a lighter 4 stroke turbo.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
this sounds like its going to get costly for me
Ya well, you will have company.
I am hoping to find out what "IT" is before the $2,000 rebates VANISH away just before they announce "IT" to the general public.

Sadly SnoWest doesn't pay for my sleds!:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I would like to be able to have the temp and RPM on the display at the same time. I don't really care much how fast I am going.

I also would like to see a better angle of approach for the track, and while I am on the track, one that doesn't shed lugs like a long hair cat sheds hair would be great.

And I think another 10hp would be nice.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Real shocks with real springs or Fox Air Shocks. Not the KYBs off the Freeride either.
Better approach angle or what ever it takes to get the sled UP on top of the snow. Ability to either lock out the T Motion on demand or order a skid without it.
BETTER CLUTCHING. The Doo has by far the best engine of the big 3 but it’s losing a lot before it gets to the snow.
Less weight. 20lbs to start would be great.
None of these things are ground breakers or ahead of their time. These are things Ski Doo needs to make happen(except maybe the Tmotion lockout). If they just worked on approach angle and clutching I would buy a 2020 and I already have 2 great sleds, Alpha and 2018 175.

Premium Features