• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Homemade three wheeler snowbike

Oct 28, 2018
I bought a homemade snowbike this summer and did some modifications to it but sadly over Christmas it blew up and now I put a atc200 three wheeler engine and frame on it but the ski is too skinny and since I am fifteen I don't have much of a budget but what would be a good wide ski and some other mods for it

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I bought a homemade snowbike this summer and did some modifications to it but sadly over Christmas it blew up and now I put a atc200 three wheeler engine and frame on it but the ski is too skinny and since I am fifteen I don't have much of a budget but what would be a good wide ski and some other mods for it

Buy a flat piece of plastic to widen your ski.

0453f50a4898651bdde947c6733be9da.jpg

Like so.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Do like sheet metal fab suggested. Maybe Chris Niebaur will chime in. He modded an old timbersled ski like that.
Or if you find anyone selling an old set of Simmons Flexi ski 2s? They are 10" wide and no one really uses them anymore.
He!! I'm so pumped to even see you posting this! Not many kids are mechanically inclined anymore. (As I'm staring at my 15 yo playing Dorknignt with his dork buddies)
Put up some pics of your snowbike. Sounds like stuff we used to build as kids.
My kids can't even find their damn goggles to ride a sled that is sitting in the trailer ready to go...
I speak for most "dads" on here. I wanna see this thing run!

Oct 28, 2018
I am located in the eastern upper peninsula new duck and I can pay for shipping if that would work and thanks

Oct 28, 2018
I will post pictures hopefully this weekend when it is running and I go riding and that 250r is awesome my dad had one when he was younger and said they are super dangerous but would make a awesome snow bike maybe I'll get my hands on one sometime

Premium Features