• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hybrid trailers for hauling snow bike

medicman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Spokane
He's everyone, has anyone ever put your bike in one of these hybrid trailers. I measured the opening at 62 niches and the height of the bike was 55 inches at the highes point. I know the length will be ok. Reason I ask is I need a new trailer and don't want a big enclosed, these are nice and easy to manage, any thoughts..

IMG_0237.JPG IMG_0238.JPG IMG_0239.JPG

Last edited:

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
They work great! I've had a Triton 7x16 hybrid for a few years and use it for snowbike, sleds, dirtbikes, atvs and hauling in general. Tandom axle with electric brakes and rig only weighs 1300 lbs and very little towing wind resistance. Bending over or ducking while loading and unloading for a few minutes is a small price to pay for easy towing for hours at a time. I still change in there and I'm 6 foot tall. Just hunch to put on bibs and then sit on a stool to put on boots. Works fine. Unless you need the height for a side by side/UTV, hybrid trailers are the way to go (whether you do a 8.5 foot width like you show or an inline (7' wide) like I chose. Thumbs up.

B
I had dealt with having to drag, or roll the snowbike off a tilt-trailer as well as either rolling or dragging the snowbike out of a trailer where I could not just simply start up the bike and ride it out either the front or the rear of the V-nose trailer. It sucks.

Sure, they make wheel kits for the bikes so that it is not too bad rolling the snowbike backwards off the trailer, and to save thousands of dollars as well as the ease of a Triton TC 167 or whatever Hybrid one is considering, life is good and easy when the bike can be walked into and walked out of the trailer under its own power, either in the V-door or in the rear-door and out the V-door, it makes deployment, especially with NO reverse on the snowbike, just so much easier.

If I didn't have the money and was set on a Hybrid for whatever reason . . . I still don't think I'd get a hybrid as it is not all that fun, and I'm still in decent shape, rolling a snowbike out of an enclosed trailer, hybrid or not.

Get an enclosed with a drop down V-door and make life easier.

For snowmobiles/ATV's with reverse, or for dirtbikes that are so easy to walk backwards, Hybrids are great for what they are. But for a machine with no-reverse, getting the snowbike out every time becomes a chore. At least you don't have to deal with covers to keep the bike out of the nasty road-stuff. Bike Binderz are the greatest thing for trailering the bikes. It makes securing the bikes for transit so quick and so easy and so secure.

Last edited:

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Everything works as a team. Plan every aspect and most everything is good. #1 Buy a kit with little rolling resistance. #2 Get a wheel kit like the Yeti or CMX. Now it is easy to roll by hand. If you grab the rear bumper you can roll it with one hand. Pick it up by the bumper and you can tilt it right/left and control the front ski with the wheels on while moving it forward/back or turning it around in your shed. Set your stuff up so you don't have to work so hard. When someone says "I have to DRAG this thing" they've settled and don't work smart.
Nice trailer.

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
I had dealt with...dragging the snowbike out of a trailer where I could not just simply start up the bike and ride it out either the front or the rear of the V-nose trailer. It sucks.
If I didn't have the money and was set on a Hybrid for whatever reason . . . I still don't think I'd get a hybrid as it is not all that fun, and I'm still in decent shape, rolling a snowbike out of an enclosed trailer, hybrid or not.

So I'll concede that my satisfaction with my triton tc167-2 hybrid is based on the ease of rolling my current kit. My previous brand would not have been fun in a hybrid trailer. Would not roll so required being picked up or a wheel kit under the track

With yeti wheel kit on a CMK BK, I unstrap the bike and, with it in neutral, roll the bike backwards with one hand on the rear bumper. Roll it until it is about going down the ramp then grab with two hands not because I need to pull harder, but just to lean it left or right to steer it like Mike notes. No need to be in the trailer lifting the track off the ground while pulling it backwards or putting a wheel kit under the track; just roll it backwards since the track rolls right along, even when stiff from the cold.

So when the bike is going into the trailer, the yeti wheel kit goes on and then start the bike and drive it in and strap it down with wheel kit still on. Arrive at trailhead, unstrap, roll bike out back of trailer, remove wheel kit, start bike. Rolling it out backwards is less effort and time than dropping a front v nose door and driving it out the front. I still smile about that! Ha.

Last edited:
P
Nov 30, 2013
I swapped to one this year and so far its been great. Running the 8.5' wide as I wanted to have room for 3 bikes or if you squeeze 2 bikes and a sled or 2 sleds and a bike. Not needing a cover to keep the slat off was a huge factor as well as "out of site out of mind" protection for the easy off parts being snapped up by lookie lous. As far as moaning about having to "drag" your bike out id imagine then that you didn't upgrade to your trailer from a deck as that became a major bone for me and guided me to this style of trailer.

Im sure you won't regret it Cheers

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Transport options

Just another option. The cargo vans work well for transport of bikes. I wanted to get away from a trailer and ended up with a Ram promaster cargo van. Floor is only 22" high, drive in back door and out side door. Secure with l track in floor. Secure, out of road spray, and warm if driving any distance in am. I much prefer it to a pickup or trailer that I used in the past. One or two bikes easy, haven't tried but I think might get three in. Depending on speed better mileage than pickup or pickup and trailer.

Premium Features