• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raze Motorsports Ninja backup and ecu

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
I am interested in putting Raze ecu and nos on my 2017 ktm 450sxf. Has anyone tried it? Any problems? Is it worth the $$$
My bike ran great all year stock but some extra ponies would be nice. I just am curious if it is reliable.

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
I can tell you that you will not find any better customer service. I chased a motor issue unrelated to their ECU and they bent over backwards and went way out of their way to help me out! These guys are good.

A
Nov 14, 2017
I am interested in putting Raze ecu and nos on my 2017 ktm 450sxf. Has anyone tried it? Any problems? Is it worth the $$$
My bike ran great all year stock but some extra ponies would be nice. I just am curious if it is reliable.

My friend got this for his 2017 450sxf and it didn't work. The reason given was that Canadian gasoline doesnt contain enough ethanol. So if you are in Canada I would steer clear.

H
Feb 18, 2011
British Columbia
I’m in BC, and when I had issues I called, was told it was fuel related, and raze sent me a laptop, and updated my maps to non ethanol (“Rec fuel maps”) bike works sooo good compared to the stock ECU, I wish every mod worked this good lol

ges

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
pierre sd
we've got three 500 xcw done they run awesome. the nos is the best part you can run with it on all day .we have had some minor issues with tps settings and Chis is top notch help . That is how it is done will recommend them anytime

J

Jnorth

Dec 5, 2015
Curious to know what you found with your TPS settings. I’m running a husky 501 with the backup kit and can’t feel a difference between armed and not armed. I sent the ecu back to Chris and he sent it back with no comment on if anything was wrong with it or not. Now i can’t reach him. Also, it’s hard to test since it won’t spray unless you are over 2000’. Hard to know what to try next.

S

s.back

Jan 29, 2017
rohnert park, ca.
Before you purchase make sure you have a good source to buy nos. Here in California it's hard to find. And if you do find it it's around 15 dollars a pound.

K
Feb 17, 2019
I just purchased a used bike with the ninja backup kit, a 2017 WR450 and '19 TS 129LE.

The previous owner claimed the bottle was just shy of full so I didn't weigh it or try to have filled. What type of bottle pressure are you getting? I understand it is affected by altitude, temperature, etc. Bottle read 400PSI all day, I had a real small leak in a fitting I found in the parking lot going on the maiden voyage so only turned bottle on when I planned on using it. The guy I bought the bike from said that the 'down' position on the mapping/arming switch (small button pushed) arms the nitrous but the difference was so minimal I honestly couldn't tell the difference?

Tomorrow I am going to go through the kit, re thread seal all the fittings and give it a once over including making sure the jet in the intake is turned in the right direction (the only info I have to check installation is from online videos from Raze).

Also, what temperature does the ECU require to enable the nitrous? Could not find a specific number on raze's website. Bike seemed to run quite cool at times (between 110-130 is what the thermo sensor on the Voyager was telling me).

Sorry about the book there guys. Looking forward to getting this thing dialed, coming off of an N/A 2016 yz450fx /2018 TS 120 ARO

Premium Features