• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cover for snowbikes?

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
ive tried looking and it doesnt seem like theres many options for these? even the threads here that show up in google are a few years old... ive heard the $400 timbersled ones are garbage.

so. whats everyone using for covers when transporting their bikes?

B
This cover has been working well for me for many years, first for the snowmobile and now for this past winter for the snowbike. The Large fits well, the X-Large allows the entire rear to be covered and also lets the cover cover the track which is nice as my trailer is 8' long and about 2' sticks out the back, the x-large covers the bottom of the track.

Very well made and lots of straps that come down every 8" or so to secure the cover to the sled. It also has a soft inner liner and a double soft liner for where the windshield goes.

Sledgear extreme:

https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Accessories-71847-SledGear-Snowmobile/dp/B000UU0INO?th=1

P1130209.jpg P1130208.jpg P1130360.jpg

Last edited:
B
Out of all the threads on here, and online in general, of which there are very few, there are no manufacturers other than Timbersled/Polaris, that make a cover specific to either a dirtbike or a snowbike. There are motorcycle covers but none that are designed for trailering, just for covering for when parked.

Once I have that SledGear cover on, and all cinched down, there is very little buffeting.

I'm so glad that I have an enclosed trailer on the way. I will not miss both the open trailer or dealing with the cover(s).

I will use the covers for when I leave the bike out overnight and it might snow, that will be it in 3 weeks from now.

D
Mar 29, 2010
XL motorcycle cover from Canadian tire. $60. Started to rip at the end of the second season, had it repaired by my local seamstress($20) If you add some grommets, and tie it down well, it will last a few years.

S
Dec 20, 2016
I’m really impressed so far with the timbersled cover on my crf450rx with Camso. I got the longer cover made for the 137” and added a fleece liner to protect all the plastic from abrasion as those canvas cover like to wear sled plastic without them. I don’t trailer more than an hour each way but it has been great so far.

2F933DBC-EFFE-49DA-B8C2-E98B664623E7.jpg 3E6E6E7D-EBE2-477D-A574-BCE8881170B6.jpg

S
I found one on Amazon

I got a motorcycle cover from Amazon for $36. It fits pretty well but I don't know how well it will do when trailering. It seems to be good quality and it has some big eyelets that I hooked together with a carabiner around the ski spindle. It also comes with two straps that latch underneath front and rear and a strap to wrap around the middle.
Just search for XYZCTEM All Weather Black XXXL motorcycle cover. This is on a CFR 450 RX with a Camso Kit.

20190112_183746.jpg 20190112_183811.jpg 20190112_184023.jpg

Y
Oct 29, 2019
I found one on Amazon

I got a motorcycle cover from Amazon for $36. It fits pretty well but I don't know how well it will do when trailering. It seems to be good quality and it has some big eyelets that I hooked together with a carabiner around the ski spindle. It also comes with two straps that latch underneath front and rear and a strap to wrap around the middle.
Just search for XYZCTEM All Weather Black XXXL motorcycle cover. This is on a CFR 450 RX with a Camso Kit.

Did you get a chance to trailer using this setup last winter? How did it hold up?

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
I really liked how the old Timbersled one was set up but it flaps in the wind even in the back of the pickup. The straps that help the zippers stay zipped are now frayed after even a few trips. maybe I need to add a grommet and pull them together better. I'll be interested to see how those Sp1 covers do or last. The ones years ago on ebay looked the best but they weren't around long.

S
Did you get a chance to trailer using this setup last winter? How did it hold up?
I really only used it once on a trip to Star Valley WYO (2.5 hour drive). I had the bike loaded in the back of the truck. The cover held up really well and although it did catch some air while traveling it was less than I thought it would be. I also had a friend add some loops along the bottom so that I could tie the bottom together with carabiners. So far I am really happy with it.

K
Oct 22, 2009
carnation WA
The SP1 snowbike cover is a great solution. Very happy with this cover. I used this on an open trailer and it work great. Quality material, fit and finish with all the features needed for quick and secure install.

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
wow. SP1 for $139.CAD (100 usd) is very reasonable:

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
In the U.S., Selkirk is also selling the SP1 cover as does Dennis Kirk.

I have no experience with that design. Just mentioning it.
I typically trailer enclosed. I do have a trailerable snowbike cover from about 6 years ago that I had made by Yakima Tent and Awning in Yakima, WA. It is amazing. They stopped selling them to the public when they were supposedly the one that got the contract with Timbersled and so started making them exclusively for them. I got a deal as Timbersled really raised the prices when they started selling that first version. I don't know if they are still being made. A cheaper version came out from Timbersled a few years later (probably sourced from overseas which made it more economical). I tried to sell mine when I was without a snowbike for a couple years, but didn't try too hard and glad it didn't sell so I've had it available for my last two snowbikes again. Ha.

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
Anyone have pictures of the SP1 and more reports how they are holding up? I tried to fit my old TS one onto my bike with my Riot kit and it wont go over the bumper. This one looks like it will fit but hope it lasts longer than my old TS one did, it was starting to fray and get weak in a few areas after 2 trips in the back of the truck.

M
Jan 7, 2020
I used my new SP1 once last Friday to haul my snow bike in the back of my truck and the wind ripped it around the gas tank access zipper after 2 hour drive. If you ask me it’s junk. Thin material. Barely fits over the C3 hand guards. The straps in the back aren’t long enough to reach under the tunnel and should be changed to rail hooks like the sled covers. There’s a reason it’s $85. You get what you pay for.

Wish somebody would make a legit cover out of heavy canvas or cordura material that doesn’t flap when driving at highway speeds. Needs to cover the entire track! Thats a critical spot where all the expensive, moving suspension parts are that you don’t want covered in mag chloride and highway grime. There’s a company called Dirt Bag Designs that makes nice heavy duty trailerable dirt bike covers. Too bad they don’t make one for snow bikes. Somebody please....

M
Jan 14, 2004
My daughter in law does commercial seam stress work. I have mentioned this as a potential product to her numerous times because when she builds something its bomber. We figure there's no money in it competing with offshore products.
So here is the question, how much would you pay for a cover that actually worked, lasted and had a warranty? Throw out your numbers and maybe we can get something going.

M

MountainRider05

Nov 29, 2007
Kennewick,WA
Ive checked into this a couple years back and i had some connections in the fabric world.. bottom line for the amount of product it takes to make something thats going to hold up its going to cost alot.. I bought the sp1 cover just because it was cheap and im mostly in a enclosed trailer most of the time.. for 85$ i can modify it with more hooks/etc.. all comes down to money these days!

Premium Features