• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bulkhead reinforcement plate

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Is the plate all that is use for the bulk head reinforcement? Looks similar to what grip n rip has for a plate, but they also include much more reinforcement...

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
And fins on a clutch to help with heat for clutching problems that don't exist. Maybe doo should have concentrated on the root of the clutching problem instead of masking the issue.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Is the plate all that is use for the bulk head reinforcement? Looks similar to what grip n rip has for a plate, but they also include much more reinforcement...

b-litt
Thanks for the thumbs down.
That's 3.
Your my hero.
For your info and not that I care what you think. I love the handling power and looks of the Doo G4 850.
So if the bulkhead is stronger now. There's a very good chance I'll snow check a 2018.
Is that ok?
BRP thanks for listening!

Last edited:
B
Feb 18, 2009
Info from Dootalk...

On Facebook, the product development staff answered some questions regarding the problems with the 2017s.

A short summary:

-updated bulkhead with more metal in key areas
-reinforcement plate added. Plate appears to fit 2017s
-brp claim of only 60 known bulkhead failures, all related to impacts

-new belt for 2018
-new inner sheave on primary with an integrated fan for airflow
-new cvt cover for better cooling

-new scratcher design for better durability

-shot start is a factory option only and cannot be added to existing sleds.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Info from Dootalk...

On Facebook, the product development staff answered some questions regarding the problems with the 2017s.

A short summary:

-updated bulkhead with more metal in key areas
-reinforcement plate added. Plate appears to fit 2017s
-brp claim of only 60 known bulkhead failures, all related to impacts

-new belt for 2018
-new inner sheave on primary with an integrated fan for airflow
-new cvt cover for better cooling

-new scratcher design for better durability

-shot start is a factory option only and cannot be added to existing sleds.

Thanks for that info.
I'ts good to see that BRP was listening and updated the parts that needed to be along with coming out with some amzing new tech.
Good job BRP!!!

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
I believe they said the bulkhead plates will start shipping next week for those that want to retrofit their 2017s and my sled is going to be all torn apart so I'm going to see if I can purchase one and get it installed. Will report back.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
b-litt
Thanks for the thumbs down.
That's 3.
Your my hero.
For your info and not that I care what you think. I love the handling power and looks of the Doo G4 850.
So if the bulkhead is stronger now. There's a very good chance I'll snow check a 2018.
Is that ok?
BRP thanks for listening!

It gets annoying reading a thread in search of useful information but having to filter through all the negativity, bashing, and complaining. What's even worse is to read about guys doing this who don't even own the sled they criticize. If you look back I've also thanked and hit the thumbs up button for you on posts that I thought were helpful. (Not that you care though...right?)

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
They still lay claim that the bulkhead problem does not exist. But to make both sides feel better they addressed it. Thanks Ski-doo we can all rest peacefully. I forever believed the problem was blown up and after hearing of only 60 I still believe it was blown up. Unless you have a belief that when you hit something nothing will break.

I believe that belt issues were more popular than bulkhead issues, just my opinion. They never gave us this number as it would be tougher to judge but they addressed it nonetheless. Happy for the guys with '17s that were problem free as this seemingly was the majority. The guys with '17s and belt issues will have to work their warranty.

So now with these two issues hopefully gone, in one year all complaints will most likely be reduced dramatically. This is my optimistic opinion, as I would think we all would have.

Last edited:

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
It gets annoying reading a thread in search of useful information but having to filter through all the negativity, bashing, and complaining. What's even worse is to read about guys doing this who don't even own the sled they criticize. If you look back I've also thanked and hit the thumbs up button for you on posts that I thought were helpful. (Not that you care though...right?)

Guess what!
There's been 2 G4s in my trailer and 1 of them has a broken bulkhead.
Maybe you should be a little more open minded!!!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
This year, broken bulkheads
60 doo's
? Cats -0?
?poo's - 0?

Still don't think its an issue?
Not an epidemic but not the norm !