• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA MtnPro Tunnel Bag on the 850

C
Feb 8, 2014
I'm really torn the bca was going to get my buck but not now after reading the review. And the sled solutions bag seem like highway robbery for 400 buck usd plus shipping and duty I'm lookin at 600 Canadian. Guess I'll just have to keep strong shoulders for now.:juggle:

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
I am going to give the bag bag a go with the whiteout tunnel bracket as mentioned earlier. I am hoping the water leakage is an isolated event. I will follow up in January when I have a chance to run some miles on this set up. I am going to treat the bag with water repellant as well to be proactive. I think this could be a nice set just needs a little TLC like anything else in this sport.
I finally got to try out the bag this weekend. It wasn't a wet snow as experienced by others. But it snowed all day, and we spent a considerable amount of time playing in about 3' of powder. So the bag was covered most of the day. Stopped for lunch and it was snowed over by the time we left. All gear stayed nice and dry. On slushy, wet day, things might be different, but with the bag up off the tunnel, there was no appreciable heat transfer to the bag and everything stayed dry. Even better, the elastic straps in the bottom kept my tools from banging around. I even put a Gatorade bottle with a baseball cap on top of the dry bag part, and my hat didnt even get smashed up. Overall, I'm very happy with my first ride out on the BCA bag. Compared to my wife, anyway. Her sled has two tunnel bags, and if you look at the pic, you'll notice only one of them partly out of the water. The rear bag with lunch was out of sight. The roast beef sandwich was now a French dip! Maybe she needs a fully waterproof/submergeable bag? :)

55a1c169f0dc48ad977d76f46117f204.jpg

f2a5e35d296f2f14ae9085c6fa1c6d75.jpg

d17287d30d4e09ebc2003ca25e12c44d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
I think I found the main culprit for leaking. It is this seam on the top between the 2 different types of fabric. Since it is on top and kind of "in the bowl", any moisture here is going inside. Sub zero temperatures at all times should eliminate the issue.

tunnelbag_3_clean.jpg

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
I think I found the main culprit for leaking. It is this seam on the top between the 2 different types of fabric. Since it is on top and kind of "in the bowl", any moisture here is going inside. Sub zero temperatures at all times should eliminate the issue.

Interesting! So maybe run a line of Seam Sealer (Seam Grip or similar) like you'd use on a tent and help keep that top lid dry?

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Interesting! So maybe run a line of Seam Sealer (Seam Grip or similar) like you'd use on a tent and help keep that top lid dry?

Basically did something similar. Sprayed the entire bag with a really high quality silicone spray putting extra emphasis on that seam. We shall see.

G-RAD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada

emhoffer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Beulah, ND
You guys should check out our Altitude 16 bag, works with Linq if option is selected and it's 99.9% waterproof under normal winter riding conditions.

2/3rds of this bag sits in a plastic molded tray. Shovel pouch can be removed.

Made in the USA.

http://www.sledsolutions.com/index.php?id_product=321&controller=product

Best bag I could find. It was expensive but well worth it imo. If I did it again I would make my own linq adapter brackets. Or try one of the linq racks to mount it too. After a full season of riding it last year I never once had moisture in the bag. Very water tight.

Hopefully in a few years it will still be in good enough shape to use on my next sled. It looks like new after one season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Beware. If your BCA gets wet, the moisture gets in behind the zipper in a little channel and acts like super glue. Almost impossible to open when cold out. Guaranteed to break your zipper pull.

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
Mine seemed to stay mostly dry all day, but it was cold. When I unloaded at home and opened the bag it had standing water in the bottom and everything except the dry bag was wet, the lid compartments were less wet than the bottom. Might be the lower seam letting water in. Putting on silicone spray to see if that helps. Considering it's a hassle to mount these, I'm starting to wonder if they're a complete waste of money and time. They could easily use the waterproof fabric for the entire bag rather than half waterproof and half canvas. And although I love sled solutions bags, I can't spend that much on one.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
sled solutions bag adapted to the linq mounts. the linq parts are mounted directly to the sled solutions bag. there is no expensive "base" needed.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
sled solutions bag adapted to the linq mounts. the linq parts are mounted directly to the sled solutions bag. there is no expensive "base" needed.

Fair enough, though I'm at about $200 with bag and rack (disregarding Linq parts as it's a universal requirement) . It's one of the reasons I went the path I did, it had all the features I wanted at a price on par with the BRP bags and a lot less than the sled solutions bag. I like the sled solutions stuff (had a chance to see sled solutions stuff riding with Matt Entz), I just tried this as a lower cost approach.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
no doubt that the sled solutions bag is not cheep. this bag was used in 13-14, 14-15, 15-16, and is now mounted on my G4 for 16-17. if it lasts all through this year, i will say it is money well spent. hopefully your setup will last you many snow days as well!

I
Dec 21, 2016
This is a great review (albeit not very encouraging); there's not that much feedback online. I emailed BCA about the reviews I've read on here and DOOTalk. I really like the look and price of this bag; but I don't like the idea of contents getting wet, no matter what conditions I'm in.

Premium Features