• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brace kits still needed :(

T
Dec 22, 2008
Wenatchee,WA
I took a 20 mph ski hit today and cracked my bulk head :( I was sidehilling and my ski hit a rock under the snow and I was thrown over the bars. A-arms don't look bent but I will know more when I get it back in my shop to look at it.

the lower crack is hard to see so i circled it

EDIT: I took the hood off

Last edited:

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
You hit a rock...its early season carnage..just like the axys last winter..there was paranoia when guys were bending arms and breaking spindles cause of rock hits..come mid season no more reports..

T
Dec 22, 2008
Wenatchee,WA
You hit a rock...its early season carnage..just like the axys last winter..there was paranoia when guys were bending arms and breaking spindles cause of rock hits..come mid season no more reports..

I would have expected to fold an a arm, my a-arms appears to have taken no damage just the bulk head. Also no part of the bulk head made contact with the rock only the ski hit.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
I was there yesterday. One of the first in there. Incredible for November. Pretty tracked up when we left. How many sleds where up there today?

Ace

T
Dec 22, 2008
Wenatchee,WA
I was there yesterday. One of the first in there. Incredible for November. Pretty tracked up when we left. How many sleds where up there today?

Ace

A little less then yesterday but it was really low visibility today. It snowed about a foot more from yesterday. It's actually pretty poor conditions for harts at this time of year my first ride last year was the week before thanksgiving and we left from the snow park.

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Someone mentioned seeing two 850s being towed out of harts pass area. Was that your group?

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Friday or Saturday?

Ace

If your asking me, I believe they said today. When they get back I'll ask. Not trying to start rumors, just wondering what the cause was. Picked up my 850 today and rather not get towed out for something that could easily be avoided or fixed. Hitting a rock or stump on the other is understandable.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
thats brutal. hopefully you have insurance, sled might be totaled. i bet the part aint cheap, and not fun to replace. it is surprising the a-arm didn't give out first

B

BC SnoX

Banned
Oct 15, 2016
Miami FL Sunshine and Ladies
I really wish they would make these sleds stronger. I had high hopes that the new ski doos would bend A arms like polaris does. Aperently i was let down and they are a mess to fix like all the other older ski doos. I like how they have tricked us into being test dummies. When I buy a dirtbike i read reviews of people that have actually ridden the thing and then go spend money. With sleds people are giving ski doo money 6 months before anyone had even smelled a new model. It just seems silly. Good thing ski doo is taking it to the next level. I dont know what we would do without all the brand new broken down sleds to tow out and kill our days. I have enough trouble finding time to ride. No everytime I go it seems like im spending all my time towing out buddies who spent 15k so they could have brand new Reliable sled. Ive towed out more pro rmk sleds than i care to think about. I guess this year its gona be the ski doo 850. I just wish they would stop making them so long so they easier to tow. If the sled is spending most of the time in Truck/Parking Lot/Shop why not make it a 121 track so it is easy to move around. The 174x3 track is just bulky and annoying without being able to move under power. I have an idea why doesn't ski doo make a hotwheels 850 and then a real sled that people can actually ride.

Last edited:

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
So one sled takes a hit, in EARLY season snow, and the 850 is a P.O.S.? I was riding up at Harts Pass the day before, and the dry snow was hiding the land mines pretty well...

...it sucks to wreck a sled, but side hilling at 20 mph, hitting a rock, and everyone is upset that there is damage? Really?

...IF you make these sleds bullet proof, are you willing for the weight penalty that comes with it?

Ace

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
So one sled takes a hit, in EARLY season snow, and the 850 is a P.O.S.? I was riding up at Harts Pass the day before, and the dry snow was hiding the land mines pretty well...

...it sucks to wreck a sled, but side hilling at 20 mph, hitting a rock, and everyone is upset that there is damage? Really?

...IF you make these sleds bullet proof, are you willing for the weight penalty that comes with it?

Ace

That's what I was thinking too. I've seen a pro totaled on a 20mph hit so I'd say that's not to bad.

T
Dec 22, 2008
Wenatchee,WA

Ace

Yea it sucks and it was my fault it's just odd that the a-arm Survived untouched. Don't get me wrong I love my 850 and will get another if my sled is totaled but I'm betting insurance fixes it.

Premium Features