• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel Line Connection

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
I'm putting the engine back into the machine and in the process of hooking up fuel lines I noticed that the barbs are all broken on the female end of the fuel rail. So when I insert the male fuel filter line it does not stay in. I was able to pry out the old barb assembly from the fuel rail line, but cannot find just this part. I would like to avoid buying an entire fuel rail. Does anyone know where these barbs might be available?

Thanks.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
800-093-007.jpg

most auto parts stores

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
Installing Help!

What is the trick to installing these clips? I tried using a 9mm socket, 1/4" drive to essentially push the clip into the female end of the fuel line and just ended up bending the clip where it wasn't useable. Any help is appreciated.

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
Installation Trick

I got it to go in using a couple small flathead screw drivers. The challenge is that the tangs are really sensitive and if you flatten them too much they will actually break off. So I used two small flatheads and pushed evenly on each side of the clip "base" until it was seated.

Premium Features