• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Am I becoming a Pu$$y?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Lol. Too funny. I couldn't get my badarse trail racing XRS WITHOUT one last year. I converted it, it was a pain.
I couldn't get my badarse freestylin' jumping Freeride witout one this year, I kept it. I like it. Makes me more inclined to turn the sled off in certain situations, super easy to start in funky upside down situations. I just regeared for a race this weekend, the battery was a HUGE pain to deal with, that is what bothers me the most about it.

Briscoe

Lifetime Membership
Oct 29, 2011
Blackfoot ID
Does the e-start automatically come with the two up seat and xl windshield? Also which package comes with the hand wind guards?:face-icon-small-hap

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I would wager that 90% of the riders here on SnoWest couldn't tell if they were riding a sled with or without electric start by simply riding it.

No guessing or perhaps an "I think" but a clear and definitive "That one has the electric start"

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
I would wager that 90% of the riders here on SnoWest couldn't tell if they were riding a sled with or without electric start by simply riding it.

No guessing or perhaps an "I think" but a clear and definitive "That one has the electric start"

No sh!t.... But spend the extra coin for weight loss left and right.
If you're pockets are deep,,, you may start to feel the weight loss in the handling after 25 or 30 pounds.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i purchased my first xm from someone who bought it as a snowcheck, and for whatever reason, he wanted to sell it right away. i wanted a 163 pull start, this one was a 154 e-start..........BUT the price was just too damn fine to turn down and i wanted a new xm chassis sled. to make a long story longer, later on i bought the 163 i always wanted. i couldnt get any more on trade for the e-start. i couldnt get any more selling it privately with e-start. so i figured "why should i pay more for it new from the dealer." so now i have a 163 pull start.

from a money's stand point, i dont think it is worth it. you will never get that initial investment back out. but i will say this....after having it for 1 season, then going back to pull start, I MISS IT. you dont notice it in the morning, or even the first couple hours of riding. but after you're whipped out from riding and/or digging out stuck sleds all day, the little yellow happy button is sure nice.

if you are undecided, another thing to think about is this.... how long do you keep your sled? is that 4th year of warranty going to make a difference to you? it wouldnt for me. i dont keep sleds that long. HOWEVER, does that extra year of warranty help out your resale? i say "yes". if you were buying a 3 year old used sled, would you pay more for e-start or more if you knew it had 1 more year of bumper to bumper warranty? i would say the warranty is worth more to the majority of buyers.

the financial part of it says pull start + 1 extra year of warranty. the convenience says e-start...its all personal preference. and if you're concerned about the weight of it, you had better be in perfect physical condition. because if you are not, the lose 15 lbs off your big *** and its a wash. dont take that personally, i have plenty more than 15 lbs to lose myself :eyebrows:

behind seat battery - i too seen that in a video. while pricing out a sled on the doo web site, i was looking at accessories. if you want the "behind the seat bag" (not tunnel bag), it says you are required to purchase and install the battery box/tray on non-e-start models in order for the bag to fit. so i say yes, behind the seat must be where it is at. all the weight they claimed the dropped by going with the lighter starter, they probably gained back in power cables going back to the battery!!!

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
you are better to take the 4 years and buy e/s(a good dealer will do it at cost), that extra year of bumper to bumper warranty is nice for resale

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
So by choosing Estart on the new G4 there is a box by the back of the seat? That honestly might be a deal breaker for me. If it's somehow hidden in the seat that's different. But if it's hanging off the back of my seat/tank like a pimple on a whore's butt, I'll be going with the pull rope again. Anybody have a photo of this battery box?

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
So by choosing Estart on the new G4 there is a box by the back of the seat? That honestly might be a deal breaker for me. If it's somehow hidden in the seat that's different. But if it's hanging off the back of my seat/tank like a pimple on a whore's butt, I'll be going with the pull rope again. Anybody have a photo of this battery box?

...X2

Ace

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
The thought of the weight of the battery being on the tunnel is more attractive to me than being on the nose.

Ace

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
better pic in the accessory catalog.if you want that bag you have to buy the battery box.:)

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I had estart on sleds in the past. Been there done that and don't plan on having it again. It is convenient but unnecessary for me. $.02

Premium Features