• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which is your favourite boosted yammie?

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
What is your favourite boosted yammie sled? I had a apex and nytro sure miss the apex. Like the sound, power and balance of the apex. I didn't care for the ski pressure on the nytro, but the rear skid was pretty aggressive for climbing. Running a pro now, not really excited about the viper, but have never drove one. post pics

102_7075.jpg

image_zps9f4cf840.jpg

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
I still have this dinosaur, when the snow is really deep is sure fun to ride. Miss the 4cylinder power compared to the 3cylinders.
IMGP0750.jpg

Shattered1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2012
Juneau, AK
That's a couple of nice Apex's.

I too prefer the four cylinder to the three cylinder. But the big push is for light weight and the Nytro motor is lighter.

I've heard rumor online (probably more like wishful thinking) that Yamaha is working on a new mountain sled with the R1 engine. That would be sweet, but I'm not holding my breath.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
That's a couple of nice Apex's.

I too prefer the four cylinder to the three cylinder. But the big push is for light weight and the Nytro motor is lighter.

I've heard rumor online (probably more like wishful thinking) that Yamaha is working on a new mountain sled with the R1 engine. That would be sweet, but I'm not holding my breath.

I hope so..I would like to see there own chassis again in the mountain platform.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
always will be partial to the apex power, still got an engine to be built someday. I am happy with my viper and will happier with boost once we get a promising snow year.

Turblue your more than welcome to give my viper a test next time your in fernie.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
always will be partial to the apex power, still got an engine to be built someday. I am happy with my viper and will happier with boost once we get a promising snow year.

Turblue your more than welcome to give my viper a test next time your in fernie.

Deal

M
Jan 14, 2004
Always had a soft spot for my Rx1 I think they sound better than even an Apex but if I could only have one on a big day my Nypex was my favourite.

M5

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
I'll have to say my viper.. Easier to throw around then my nytro an apex. Only put about 600-700 km last year been on snow bike more with low snow

image.jpg

R

relentless rider

Jan 25, 2009
in the mountians western mt
Apex

The apex is my favorite! This is my 4th boosted yammi,rx1 was probably the hardest running, the impusle nytro hard to ride for me just not a fan of the chassis And it was all CR racing , just not apex power

I have a proclimb m8 and love the way it rides, so the viper would be nice ! It's just 1 cylinder shy

Maybe we are just behind in time up here in the backwoods of montana or the only smart ones that know what works and don't need pink sticker kits that have someone else name on it .

image.jpg

Last edited:
M
Dec 9, 2012
South Jordan, Utah
I had a MPI stage 2 supercharged Apex. It was a lot of fun had tons of bottom end power and absolutely no hesitation and I loved how it sounded. I can still remember the day I took my brother in law's new Impulse Nytro out for a ride. I was never the same again!!! Needless to say I currently have an Impulse Nytro and I LOVE IT!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Apex all the way. I have owned 3 turbo rx1s and 2 turbo ape's. I have yet to ride another sled that I like better in handling or power. If set up right you can sidehill them for miles. There's a small group of us in Western MT that make heads turn with these old pigs...relentless rider is one of them. Most of the time people don't even know what kind of sled they are...:face-icon-small-con I've built turbo pro's for friends, owned a t-m1000 and all I feel when I ride them is disappointment, feels like they are lacking 100hp+.

APEX.jpg

Last edited:

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
You guys are in the mountains I am on flat land but my SC apex is the ultimate trail ditch banger for me. It has no compromises in my opinion others think its heavy, ugly, whatever none of that phase me, this sled scares me everytime I ride it and that is what i love about it. All the lightweight underpowered crap can't hang with me in the woods, and I rock a giant azz 151 through a tight twisty trail and lose who ever is riding the next best thing in usually about 3 hard turns. The sled rails, flys, turns anyone that rides it as white as a ghost! LONG LIVE THE BOOSTED APEX!!!

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
I hear what you all are saying on the Apex.....loved everyone of those and built a couple of Nypex for the power only.
So the next build is on the bench. Vipex. Viper chassis is so Apex like in the position and handling but again I really like the 4cyl power.
There is one Vipex in existence that I know of and we are just starting this with some custom CNC "nytro style" side plates that mate up to the Viper Chassis. I'd imagine this will take us some time but also sure it will everything I have imagined. MCX custom rear mount to keep the weight off the nose and balance the chassis. Pictures in a few weeks :)

Here is the current ride.
Cheers
RS

Fuji FXR.PNG Fuji High Viz.jpg

Last edited:

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
When you get the plates figured out let me know how much $. I saw that Vipex you mentioned and am very interested. I like the viper chassis, just can't go backwards in hp.

Premium Features