• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any Evo Vipers out there??

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
290 on the 1100 and 240 on the viper that's not comparing apples to apples. The viper is also capable of over 300hp if you want to spend the money. I'm sure you would get the track speed. But my viper last year was running about 65 mile and that's with a 174-3" and I was only running. 9 lbs of boost. So there is lots more left. This year will be running more boost so we'll see.

Yes, you are correct. I was just offering input based on the fruit I had to select from. I have a ton of time on the MPI 240 kit, as well as some time on the Evolution kit. I am a Viper fan through and through, I wasn't trying to discount the sled, just offering some insight. There are going to be some exciting things coming for the Viper this season and the progress will continue in years to come.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
290 on the 1100 and 240 on the viper that's not comparing apples to apples. The viper is also capable of over 300hp if you want to spend the money. I'm sure you would get the track speed. But my viper last year was running about 65 mile and that's with a 174-3" and I was only running. 9 lbs of boost. So there is lots more left. This year will be running more boost so we'll see.

yup i was seeing about the same on my viper around 65-70mph, my nytro with lakeside motor & boost it kit will make 100mph track speed at 18lbs boost lol:face-icon-small-hap

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Its not Hijacking when you are discussing the CORE subject mater of the thread.

I have the EVO kit on my Viper.
I just need to get the Head Studs installed now and to be perfectly honest about it am not excited about tearing apart my engine. Would MUCH prefer to have you do it if you were out here in the neighborhood!

You should load up that sled and bring it to him......What's a 1,000 miles between buds right? LOL

Heck, you bring that bad boy to MN and I'll even offer to test it out on the grass when he's done and buy the steaks that night for dinner!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You should load up that sled and bring it to him......What's a 1,000 miles between buds right? LOL

Heck, you bring that bad boy to MN and I'll even offer to test it out on the grass when he's done and buy the steaks that night for dinner!

Well said!!:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
To bad it is 1000 miles away. Follow the instructions. Call me if you have any question and it will go well.

I remember the first time doing head studs myself. It was scary the thought of working on an engine that many in the 4 stroke biz talk about as a Swiss watch. But in the end following the instructions that come with the kit you will have great results.

OK, first question.
How many hours would YOU budget to install the new Studs?
Start to finish.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yes. That is a nice, take your time a dot the i cross the t pace.....but also someone who has probably done it before so you know how to index the cams and the timing when you go back together. Remember to get a new head gasket. Get some new exhaust gaskets, a valve cover gasket, and a cam chain tensioner gasket as well. If you tear one of those it is better to have one ready to replace than to have to wait for one. Then 8 hours suddenly becomes 7 to 10 days.

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Sorry, I see you are asking Turbo1100T, not me. Please disregard my answers:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Decided that I just did not want to tear into my engine this season.
Sooo
The Viper will be dropped off at RACIN STATION tomorrow to have the new Head Studs installed and to pull the EVOPs ECU and send it in for a 2015/2016 reflash!

Then, we should be ready to SLAY THE MOUNTAIN come Thanks Giving weekend.!!

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Sooo
The Viper will be dropped off at RACIN STATION tomorrow to have the new Head Studs installed and to pull the EVOPs ECU and send it in for a 2015/2016 reflash!

Excellent decision there boss.
I've heard nothing but good about Eric and Racinstation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Excellent decision there boss.
I've heard nothing but good about Eric and Racinstation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He did some GREAT debugging work for me last year as we were getting the EVO dialed in and I have been pestering him for 3 weeks to take on this job.
He KNOWS his way around the VIPER and the EVO kit very well!!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Good Choice, Get them done and flip the switch and hold on. We will be in West the middle of January. . . .

Sooo

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Is there anywhere I can read the instructions to this install?

I'm no professional mechanic, but I'm pondering this kit very much.. I doubt I'd ever use the 275 but 210 is right up my alley.

Does evo make a 210 only kit? I'd be very interested in that for sure.

I'm very curious what makes this kit so much more intensive.

Thanks.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Is there anywhere I can read the instructions to this install?

I'm no professional mechanic, but I'm pondering this kit very much.. I doubt I'd ever use the 275 but 210 is right up my alley.

Does evo make a 210 only kit? I'd be very interested in that for sure.

I'm very curious what makes this kit so much more intensive.

Thanks.
So far as I know EVO has not published an installation manual online that you can review.

Premium Features