• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jealousy?!?!?

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Who are you calling blondie?!? :crazy: You better hurry and check with your wife and make sure it is okay for you to ride with me again this year! It is going to be time very very soon! :face-icon-small-hap

Not soon enough. It's been a loong summer.
She did mention that she was jealous of you last year. I'm pretty sure riding with you will be off limits this year. Sharing a room in a motel on the other hand is OK. :face-icon-small-ton

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Not soon enough. It's been a loong summer.
She did mention that she was jealous of you last year. I'm pretty sure riding with you will be off limits this year. Sharing a room in a motel on the other hand is OK. :face-icon-small-ton

LOL! Good thing because we did share a room SNORER! You crack me up ; ) Can't wait to ride!

Last edited:

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Shakespeare

Meaning

Jealousy.

Origin

Green is a colour associated with sickness, possibly because people's skin sometimes takes on a slightly yellow/green tinge when they are seriously ill. Green is also the colour of many unripe foods that cause stomach pains.

The phrase was used by, and possibly coined by, Shakespeare to denote jealousy, in The Merchant of Venice, 1596:

Portia:
How all the other passions fleet to air,
As doubtful thoughts, and rash-embraced despair,
And shuddering fear, and green-eyed jealousy! O love,
Be moderate; allay thy ecstasy,
In measure rein thy joy; scant this excess.
I feel too much thy blessing: make it less,
For fear I surfeit.

In Othello, 1604, Shakespeare also alludes to cats as green-eyed monsters in the way that they play with mice before killing them.

Iago:
O, beware, my lord, of jealousy;
It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on; that cuckold lives in bliss
Who, certain of his fate, loves not his wronger;
But, O, what damned minutes tells he o'er
Who dotes, yet doubts, suspects, yet strongly loves!

See other phrases and sayings from Shakespeare.

MORE:
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/579049

Last edited:
M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
We had a funny situation. Keep in mind, my husband and I ride together, with the greatest ride guys ever. Their wives are super kind and accepting of me out there, and ask me to take them riding, without their husbands, so they can feel safe and not pressured.
Here's the funny part. My husband had a chance to go to Yamafest... it was like a Nanananananaaaaaa thing to me. Some of his friends were bugging me, saying.. Guys ride only, no girls.. we're going to ParTAYYYYYYYY... Meanwhile I simply smiled... nodded my head.. and said have fun. Unbeknownst to them I had plans for the following weekend. We had a girls ride planned for Golden BC.
As they kept bugging me I looked at my husband and said.. Have fun my love... Remember the Goose Gander thing..... His face dropped... then he remembered.. oh crap.. my WIFE is going riding WITHOUT ME!!! Over night without me.. to top it off.. normally we'd just ride from home. He had a great time, and kept in touch often. So out of respect I did the same.. had a great time riding with my friends, mostly behaved myself... :D ok I totally did... made sure I texted and called before bed to talk to the kids and him. If new girlfriends or wives come into the picture I try hard to let them get to know me, and how head over heels I am in love with my snow stud. If there is any sort of animosity, it usually is tamed right then.

Last edited:
C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I am in people's phones as my last name only. I've been on rides where no pictures are allowed. It's part of the game. When I'm on a ride.. I'm all about riding. But, I also know that the evening festivities can lead down other paths! Unfortunately some women will be threatened, no matter what. And the flip side, some have very good reason to not be trusting. Sucks that you got kicked off the island. Maybe time to find a new group? Or have them all put you in the phone as a boy name? lol :devil:

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
I am in people's phones as my last name only. I've been on rides where no pictures are allowed. It's part of the game. When I'm on a ride.. I'm all about riding. But, I also know that the evening festivities can lead down other paths! Unfortunately some women will be threatened, no matter what. And the flip side, some have very good reason to not be trusting. Sucks that you got kicked off the island. Maybe time to find a new group? Or have them all put you in the phone as a boy name? lol :devil:

Thank God I ride with more than one group. I have plenty of other options, and I have met so many really awesome people on here! It is nice to hear that some of you other ladies know exactly what I am talking about though. :face-icon-small-hap

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
It's jealousy thru and thru. I have dealt with it my entire marriage. I have tried and tried to get her to go with me. I bought her a brand new 2006 Summit 600 Rev years ago and she rode it twice and traded it for an ATV. few years later I tried it again and bought myself an 08 XP and gave her my 06 REV 800. She sold it. Then a couple years later I bought a 2002 Summit 700 for her and she never rode it so I traded it this summer for a street bike.

She does alot of b*tchin about how much I ride and even more so if she finds out a woman went along. Same goes with dirtbikes and even Trap league in the summer. I have asked her to try everything I do and she refuses. I bought her a brand new side by side this summer and I have used it more. She'd rather just sit on the couch, sulk and watch Lifetime. Had I known this 18 years ago I would have never married. She seems to think I am banging every single woman on the mountain, which I am not. But in all honesty there are a few that I would be happy to get involved with if my situation were different (me being single that is).

But fact is I like to ride and the women that have ridden in my group are wives of the guys anyways. But she can't see the forest for the trees.

There is a saying "the couple that plays together, stays together" It's her choice to not do what her husband and kids love to do. And it's not my fault.

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
It's jealousy thru and thru. I have dealt with it my entire marriage. I have tried and tried to get her to go with me. I bought her a brand new 2006 Summit 600 Rev years ago and she rode it twice and traded it for an ATV. few years later I tried it again and bought myself an 08 XP and gave her my 06 REV 800. She sold it. Then a couple years later I bought a 2002 Summit 700 for her and she never rode it so I traded it this summer for a street bike.

I know this has to be hard on you PJ, but you already know you can't force someone to love what you love. Relationships are complicated and require a lot of maintenance throughout. It is very difficult not to grow apart without constant work and communication.

She does alot of b*tchin about how much I ride and even more so if she finds out a woman went along. Same goes with dirtbikes and even Trap league in the summer. I have asked her to try everything I do and she refuses. I bought her a brand new side by side this summer and I have used it more. She'd rather just sit on the couch, sulk and watch Lifetime. Had I known this 18 years ago I would have never married. She seems to think I am banging every single woman on the mountain, which I am not. But in all honesty there are a few that I would be happy to get involved with if my situation were different (me being single that is).

But fact is I like to ride and the women that have ridden in my group are wives of the guys anyways. But she can't see the forest for the trees.

Woulda... Coulda... Shoulda... I think we all would have made different decisions if we knew what would happen in the future. :face-icon-small-win I am always open to meet the wives and let them get to know me too so that hopefully they are not threatened or feel as uncomfortable with me along in the group. Some wives won't even entertain the idea. And those are the groups I obviously won't ride with. I don't like that some men feel like they need to lie to their spouses about it too. ONE OF MY BIGGEST PET PEEVES! I think honesty is a must.

In my situation where I was invited to the ride (by a friend who did not have a problem with a female traveling and staying with the group) at the same time as all the other guys were invited. I think the ones who's wives threw a fit, they should gracefully bow out, not force me off the island. But that is exclusively my opinion.

There is a saying "the couple that plays together, stays together" It's her choice to not do what her husband and kids love to do. And it's not my fault.

You know I L:heart:VE this quote PJ! :face-icon-small-coo I had a shirt made. I have learned a lot in my 43 years and there is a balance. Like I have said previously I think it is healthy to have your own space and do your own things. But the relationship must have trust and communication for that to be a good thing.

Thanks for sharing PJ! :thumb:

M

m8braaaap

Banned
Dec 3, 2012
mancos colorado
no offense pj but id be lookin for a new wife!!! im a firm believer that you can only change a person 15% at best.you only live once and I refuse to be un happy.and that my friend, is why I am single!!!!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
no offense pj but id be lookin for a new wife!!! im a firm believer that you can only change a person 15% at best.you only live once and I refuse to be un happy.and that my friend, is why I am single!!!!

You know, that topic has come into question. more often than it should. I am not without blame. In her eyes I carry it too far. She thinks that most husbands ride once or twice a month. Little does she know. I have a buddy that lets his wife dictate what he does and doesn't do. He tells us he can't stand it and is pissed off most of the time, but then he tells my wife that he's happy to stay at home and hang out. I haven't a clue how he really feels. Me? I'd go stark raving mad if I wasn't out pushing the envelope and getting that adrenaline high. I need it. If I sit at home for even one day I get pissy, irritable and in the end, pretty angry.

But, she is the mother of my two boys. And do you know anyone who has gone thru a divorce where nobody gets hurt? I don't. Do my two kids deserve to have their only way of life destroyed? Boys need their Dads. IMO, women (as a majority so don't get upset ladies) cannot teach boys to be men. I know that my wife can't teach my kids how to fix things, fish, hunt, etc. I'm not happy with the way my marriage has gone, but I am smart enough to know that leaving would just make things way worse on my kids.

And trust me, if it EVER comes down to the point where I cannot take it anymore, finding a new wife is the last thing I would ever do. As it sits, I am 40. I would spend the rest of my life having fun, raising my kids and spoiling the hell out of my grandkids. I got married when I was 23. Had I known what things would be like I would have thought things over better. I may have still proposed but I would have laid down the law (figuratively speaking). There is alot of things I would go back and change, except my kids. They truly are my reason for keeping on.

M

m8braaaap

Banned
Dec 3, 2012
mancos colorado
I tried to stay with my ex wife for the sake of my son and it just got worse.i mean worse to the point where we hate each other.we divorced 7 years ago and we still hate each other.kids adjust and as long as boys have their daddys, they will grow up to be good men.i hope it works for you.good to see dads that take care of their kids!!! on a better note, its snowing like hell here!!!!

Last edited:

WileyCoyote

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
phone

Have them put you in the phone as "Low battery" the wife will just put the phone on the charger if you call

WileyCoyote

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
phone

Have them put you in the phone as "Low battery" the wife will just put the phone on the charger if you call

Premium Features