• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ladies, show your support for GIRL RIDERS!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This last weekend we had the annual SnoWest Forum Ride up in Cooke City.
One of the real surprises of the event was a young lady named BRIANNA PROUSE, who is a new member of SnoWest and goes by the user name "SnowGoddess".

What makes SnowGoddess special is that she is only 16yrs old, and she was hanging with all the big dogs on the slope.

WE NEED MORE GIRLS LIKE THIS in our sport!

If you come across one of her posts, please make her feel welcome.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
somewhere in South East Idaho
Now this is a girl truly dedicated to the sport~ she was in a horrid car wreck a little over a year ago and we didn't know if she was even going to walk again~ and look at her now~~ out riding with the big dogs and not backing down an inch!!!!!! way to go BriAnna!!!! and thanks and Kudos go out to all the guys that have help in the coaching on the long road back!!!! and thank you SnoWest!!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys are awesome!!!!!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well that makes the story all the more interesting.
had NO idea at all she had been through a major wreck.
All the more reason to be IMPRESSED with this young lady!

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
In my pic.s is a pic of the car she was in and she was the passenger~ moved her seat 18" to center~ broke her pelvis in two places and two spinal fractures, they said she was out for at least the season last year if not more~ still had to see if she would even be able to ever walk again~ 8 weeks later she was out for a sled ride!!! thats determination~ feel free to take a look at the pic.

Go4Broke

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2008
Gillette Wy
always fun riding with you guys look forward to it every year and I thought she was changing her username to just a girl

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
There is only ONE way I know of to get more girls involved in sledding.

INVITE THEM TO RIDE!!

Recruit just ONE of your friends to come and ride with youand make a convert out of her!I take out newbies with me all the time.

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet

We just had 53 "girl riders" kickin' arse in Halfway, Oregon this weekend. Keep recruiting!

Thats awesome to hear!!! I really would like to see alot more girls and ladies out there too~~~ and hey!!! it's all in the name of fun!!!!!!!!!!! so lets all go out and have a great time!!!!!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Don't know what the magic bullet is kiddo,.
We just have to keep inviting girls to go on the first ride knowing that SOME of them will fall in love with the sport!

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
Don't know what the magic bullet is kiddo,.
We just have to keep inviting girls to go on the first ride knowing that SOME of them will fall in love with the sport!

As Christopher said, invite your friends out! We had the most spectacular Newbie ride recently. The funny thing was it was mostly women, and all of them are officially hooked! Good for you for getting out there! My daughters LOVE shredding and improve each time they are out!

It's a wonderful time to be a woman shredder!!

Here is a run down of our Newbie day. We even had 2 preggers with us on our adventure! It was awesome!

http://www.joydigger.com/2013/02/27/international-take-a-newbie-shredding-day-report/

Maybe reach to your local dealer to see if they can get something shaking for the women in your area too! :cheer2::cheer2:

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Well sorry to see ya got edged out on the weekly digest's Photo of the week~~ maybe next year !!!! you will need to get your pilots license now to fly like that!!! ;)

Premium Features