• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dealer reaction to the 2013 summit.

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Dang it.... Why am I starting to like this sled.... I have to keep telling myself "no weight loss, no vertical steering, don't sell your Pro" and yet here I am, thinking about selling my Pro....

Joe

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Dang it.... Why am I starting to like this sled.... I have to keep telling myself "no weight loss, no vertical steering, don't sell your Pro" and yet here I am, thinking about selling my Pro....

Joe

X2, but for me it's not selling the Pro, rather not buying one.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
LOVE the propaganda video...HOPING that I say the same when I try it out...

...remember back in 08, all the other brands were telling us that THEIR sleds felt 20lbs lighter than what they were???

Ace

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
A few comments here:

If its so effortless to ride, why are all these guys huffing and puffing so hard!!? Ha ha.

I still see the sled doing the same things it always has struggle with - turning uphill on its own, and bouncing hard and trying to flatten out when hitting obstacles in a sidehill. Notice it bucking hard 0:11 and turning uphill on its own at 0:38.

Clearly i'm more interested in this sled than i thought i was at first. I keep coming back to check it out. Hmmmm. I'd sure like to ride it though. When is the demo tour?

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
A few comments here:
I still see the sled doing the same things it always has struggle with - turning uphill on its own,

Isn't the complaint that the front end was too heavy and you have to fight it and usually ends up over correcting? I dont see this happening on the vid. Not sure but I thought I had read that somewhere on Snowest.

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Huffing and Puffing

"If its so effortless to ride, why are all these guys huffing and puffing so hard!!?"
I can think of 11,000 or 12,000 reasons!

If it weighed 50 lbs less: It would be a REVolution. As it turns out we have the same weight - incremental positive benefit: yes. As big a step as the first REV? Maybe, maybe not.

Constant improvement is great but weight loss is the game changer.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
I can see they still fight the chassis while boondocking. Listen to these guys huff and puff while they talk about how easy it is to ride...really. This sled may make a great point straight up and climb but they didn't fix the problem and this video show just that.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Would of liked to see some different color options, less lbs, kayaba pro 40s on summit x and I would be in. Man a drab green freeride, fire the artist who put that one out. I still love my 10 xp 146er ptek, no prob sidehillin that, but would like an etec. Maybe have to get a holdover 12. Really dread the thought of buying a poopoo but they do work as good if not better the the xp. Pretty soon we will have a decision like buying a mx bike they are all pretty equal, props to Polaris and Skidoo for innovating the greatest sled.

toddb

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2010
Chanhassen,MN
Don't blame the sled those guys are out of shape old guys at 9-10k ft. My guess is they huff and puff pitting on there boots. I know I do.

I'm not saying that this sled is God's gift to mountain sledding. It may not be as good as a Pro either but I am starting to beleive it will be alot closer to a Pro than my 2009.

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
I would bet some of those dealers were from places like minnesota too....lots of difference from 1,000ft. to 10,000ft. when it comes to breathing

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
I would bet some of those dealers were from places like minnesota too....lots of difference from 1,000ft. to 10,000ft. when it comes to breathing

Lane works for Snowest and Dustin works for SLP both in Idaho Falls so they are used to elevation

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
wow looks impressive cant wait to be on one, i just hope this sled does not take some riders where they should be... we seen sh!t shows like this in the past, take off 30 lbs quick and this will be the nimblest sled out there

you poo guys, is their not something you could be doing to your sled, rather than leaving your nonsense comments here... common mods clean this crap up...

Premium Features