• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013's New DOO revolution

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Well, the new summits sound like re-worked XP's rather than something all new. No belt drive and same motor options.

Interesting on the foot forward deal saying that it puts the riders feet in on the same axis as the steering post.... Still horizontal steering, now with a differernt way to use it (for leverage)... Cool.

Joe

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I like the footwells farther forward, cant get feet under the rider as much as i would like on the current setup when doing some downhill maneuvers.
I was told there was belt drive on the proto, might have not made it to production?
Heated goggle/ glove warmer is nice....very practical. Removable hood.....common sense has returned, thankyou!
Looks like all positive changes IMO.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
006ltd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
051sr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
049iq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
008ge.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
043hq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
013lr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
012bkh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
103fom.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
101pk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
019hh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
009iza.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
057oc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
027vvu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
very nice looking sled...if the rods not going to the edge of the track still holds up as a durable track she is gonna be a sweet package..a person could go with a regular track i imagine if needed..

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
:face-icon-small-conthats it,im a little let down,good looking sled,was exspecting more,oh well.is it just me but that thing doesnt look like it lost any weight.i think polaris stock will be going up alot next year

Last edited:

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
I honestly dont see anything that will "revolutionize" the industry as claimed, but some very nice refinements none the less. Whether or not the tilting suspension and folding track is actually beneficial in the mountains, time will tell. You know what really works, less weight.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I like all the changes, but if they didnt drop any weight it will NOT compete with the pro in the deep.
With the amount of engineering that went into the changes they made, weight loss should have been a higher priority IMO.

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
More videos are up. They highlight some of the features.

The heated storage looks awesome.
Panels that help it "roll up easier." Not very awesome. They look the exact same basically.
New headlight gives better light. Who cares.
Factory gauge lifter basically. Awesome.
8" more forward room in foot wells. Somewhat awesome. Although I thought the XP already had tons of room.
New mountain bar. Who cares.
Bigger cutouts on running boards. Awesome.
Seat. Neutral opinion. Never had a problem clearing the seats on any model sled I've ever ridden.
Controls on console rather than bars. Sounds good.
Great power to weight. So what does it weigh? My guess is 5 pounds lighter than 2012.
Flex track and tMotion. The wildcard... may be awesome? Or it may be more of a gimmick. Time will tell.

Conclusion: A lot of guys might be disappointed... but I think they have done a good job refining a solid platform. I'd like to demo one for sure.

Last edited:

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
nothing to do with underwear ,I used to ride ac when doo came out with the rev and they were kicking a$$ on every thing else I switched ,and poo or ac never came out with anything that would beat it ,i then bought a xp and same story,the others are getting closer,and the day i see a stock sled of any other brand beat up a stock xp ,i will probably switch ,I can ride so i don't need to get into this which chassis handles better, the skidoos handle as good as any thing and have the power to boot, which is why all these pro guys talk handling. but if you can ride anything and are trying to decide based on who beats who it will be quite obvious.

You and your "beating" is all about rider preference. What do you consider beating? Highmarking? That is the simplest form of mountain riding. I too owned both the 04 and 06 rev and they were great machines for the time. I didn't buy an XP because the handling was too different from my rev. Dont get me wrong, the XP is an awesome machine and BRP knows how to build cool stuff, the XP just doesn't fit the bill for me. The mountain segment is getting more "technical", with more guys heading into the trees to find the good stuff, therefore handling and agility are more of a factor for me than power. If you are refering to how the machine makes you feel when you are talking "beating" then you may have something there.

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
I think until a guy puts a leg over them it's pretty tough to tell if these new sleds are revolutionary. Polaris didn't exactly reinvent the wheel with the pro they just put together a good lightweight mountain sled, with good mountain specific features and there burandt add campaign has worked pretty well also. I think the laundry list of new little features will add up to a really good mountain sled. The thing I find funny about all the doo bashers is that they were probably the same guys that were hating on the pro for its 143 hp before it came out. Gotta love the keyboard/brochure hillclimbers!

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
I like all the changes, but if they didnt drop any weight it will NOT compete with the pro in the deep.
With the amount of engineering that went into the changes they made, weight loss should have been a higher priority IMO.

totaly agree:face-icon-small-hap

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
I had high hopes for the 2013 Skidoo Summit. I am not disappointed but was hoping for something cool like a 900cc+ twin etec, belt drive, and a more developed Mt. Chassis. Granted the one piece hood, cargo compartments, gauge, and control until are cool. I am not 100% sold on the new rear suspension either. Glad I bought a backup XP 800R instead of snowchecking and keeping my sled.

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
If BRP is consistent, it will have gained weight over the 12. It looks that way so far. The "hull of a boat" bulkhead looks like, well, a boat! Not digging it!.

Fredw and snowmobiler had me all pumped up for a revolutionary game changer, i was throwing my wallet at the screen! Glad i haven't handed over my deposit yet...

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
I think until a guy puts a leg over them it's pretty tough to tell if these new sleds are revolutionary. Polaris didn't exactly reinvent the wheel with the pro they just put together a good lightweight mountain sled, with good mountain specific features and there burandt add campaign has worked pretty well also. I think the laundry list of new little features will add up to a really good mountain sled. The thing I find funny about all the doo bashers is that they were probably the same guys that were hating on the pro for its 143 hp before it came out. Gotta love the keyboard/brochure hillclimbers!

The last time a game changing mountain machine was produced was the REV. Now everyone is just refining the idea. Just my opinion though, not worth sheit really.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
If BRP is consistent, it will have gained weight over the 12. It looks that way so far. The "hull of a boat" bulkhead looks like, well, a boat! Not digging it!.

Fredw and snowmobiler had me all pumped up for a revolutionary game changer, i was throwing my wallet at the screen! Glad i haven't handed over my deposit yet...

I am in the same boat...:face-icon-small-ton the Pro is a proven platform and it is getting great reviews so unless I get to ride the XM and it turns out to be a game changer...I am leaning towards the 2013 Pro..But still willing to give the XM a chance.

Last edited:

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
I am in the same boat...:face-icon-small-ton the Pro is a proven platform and it is getting great reviews so unless I get to ride the XM and it turns out to be a game changer...I am leaning towards the 2013 Pro..But still willing to give the XM a chance.

Most definitely. I don't have an Arctic Cat tattoo on my shoulder(forehead), or a Polaris decal on my trailer. I won't be snow checking till all the details are out for every manufacturer.

Premium Features