• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Props to the Polaris on Saturday

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
How did I know you wouldn't be capable of letting something go. You're useless. This thread was going half decent until some guy implied that certain facts couldn't be true because he didn't see it on youtube. I tried to bring attention to that fact until your pea brain narrowed in on an insignificant piece of that post. That's all I was saying, and that's all I'm saying now. Now if you feel better having tried to bash someone unsuccesfully, please let the thread get back on track, and let people who actually ride the mountains and see/ride these sleds talk about their ACTUAL experience, not what they saw while sitting their *** in their computer chair.

Try reading what you posted. He was not buying a sled based on a youtube video. Remember, you started this pointless crap and you are too immature to admit that point. I do ride the mountains and I do it with a '12 Pro (which gives me a personal interest in this thread), not a '03 Doo that's totally irrelavent to this thread. You best get to bed before mommy catches you up this late on a school night.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Ok, back on topic. Both sleds have very strong points. Like I said previously, the etec's have a strong powerplant and they also have a great all-around track. The Pro's have, IMHO, the most nimble chassis on the market and it gets on top of the snow very quickly. Both great sleds. It really is a matter of picking your favourite flavour. What do you like more, strawberry or vanilla ?

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Curious how you know it has more hp ? Dyno ? Or seat of the pants thing ? If its the latter then it may be perception only no ?

Not perception. My Summit puts out more power than my Pro, no question. If I had to guess at numbers I'd put my 800R at 160 and the Pro at 153 or so. The thing you HAVE to realize is that the Pro is a shorter stroke motor so it gets up to speed faster. I don't think the Doo guys have figured that out yet and that's a BIG reason it recovers so quickly and pops up so quickly!

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:
M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
Not perception. My Summit puts out more power than my Pro, no question. If I had to guess at numbers I'd put my 800R at 160 and the Pro at 153 or so. The thing you HAVE to realize is that the Pro is a shorter stroke motor so it gets up to speed faster. I don't think the Doo guys have figured that out yet and that's a BIG reason it recovers so quickly and pops up so quickly!

Have FUN!

G MAN

Very interesting. Bring to mind another question. Horsepower aside, I'd like to se the torque numbers for these two machines. In theory you should be able to throw more pin weight at the doo and it would pull harder for longer, but the "raciness" of the shortwr stroke would again make it much better for the technical stuff

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Mil,
I've spent the last week riding with several e-techs, I am running a 2012 155 Pro. We road raced, lake raced, and highmarked for 200 miles this last week. We found several hills we couldn't climb (4' of fluff), there was not one single e-tech in the bunch that would road race with it, lake race along side it or hillclimb with it. I will say that in the lake race scenario they ran a little closer than the powder climbs. Two of the guys had helmet cams and were shooting video, but I have a gut feeling we will never see that video. Hmm!! I have seen some really lousy running Pro's that were clutched very poorly, but for the most part those who find the right combination have a solid fun machine. I might have to go purchase a helmet cam myself so I have some proof, since nobody is convinced by a keyboard.

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
Mil,
I've spent the last week riding with several e-techs, I am running a 2012 155 Pro. We road raced, lake raced, and highmarked for 200 miles this last week. We found several hills we couldn't climb (4' of fluff), there was not one single e-tech in the bunch that would road race with it, lake race along side it or hillclimb with it. I will say that in the lake race scenario they ran a little closer than the powder climbs. Two of the guys had helmet cams and were shooting video, but I have a gut feeling we will never see that video. Hmm!! I have seen some really lousy running Pro's that were clutched very poorly, but for the most part those who find the right combination have a solid fun machine. I might have to go purchase a helmet cam myself so I have some proof, since nobody is convinced by a keyboard.

Hahaha. Now there's a solid post. My experience was with the sleds bone stock, no clutching no nothing, and the etec pulled the highmark quite easily. We also didn't play with suspension or anything. Just rode them completely stock to compare the two. Didn't bother racing as we weren't too interested in who was faster.

Both beautiful machines, more than capable. As is the new cat unfortunately. Lol

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
i dont beleive that even for a half a second, where do you guys come up with this crap, were the doos running on one cylinder, first time riders, whats the catch

Mil,

M
Nov 13, 2008
????

I think this thread is getting biased toward the PRO because the poo camp finally have a mountain sled back that's formidable and THEY will tell us! That's fine, I think the PRO ISA good sled other than the lack of power, don't kid yourself, you can feel the difference( stock for stock) but power isn't everything either. Here's what I've seen, last year my 11 E-tec was bone stock( not even a can) ran a hill with a 155, piped, can, clutching.... Dead even... Was impressed....Started riding with a buddy who has a bone stock 155, he never did anything that I couldn't , nothing amazing or downright better as some have attested. Now last Saturday I rode with a new 12 Pro, I'n 2' of fresh...... It trenched and stuck just as much as the older cats in the group. Everyone had at least 8-10 sticks that day, my E-tec....2......( not stock anymore either) I guess I'll have to dig out my passport :) so how are the newCATS...

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I own 3 2012 ETECs and one 2012 Pro. All good sleds, actually all great sleds. I am not a brand guy, too new to this thing to get hung up on brands. The ETECs have a better build quality. Better suspension for the rough. I even have all the shocks upgraded on the Pro to the Assault style shocks and the ETECs are better in the bumps. There is really not that much difference in the PERFORMANCE of the sleds. The ETEC has a little more power. In deep snow they are all great in the trees. When the snow gets heavy or down to 6-8" of new the PRO MIGHT be a little easier to ride boonedocking. I hear people say that the Pro will make you a much better or great rider and I think that is bull. Good riders will take whatever sled they ride to the same spots. I think the Pro has been marketed really wel(what I mean is massively over hyped) l and the ETEC has gotten undeserved bad press.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
I own 3 2012 ETECs and one 2012 Pro. All good sleds, actually all great sleds. I am not a brand guy, too new to this thing to get hung up on brands. The ETECs have a better build quality. Better suspension for the rough. I even have all the shocks upgraded on the Pro to the Assault style shocks and the ETECs are better in the bumps. There is really not that much difference in the PERFORMANCE of the sleds. The ETEC has a little more power. In deep snow they are all great in the trees. When the snow gets heavy or down to 6-8" of new the PRO MIGHT be a little easier to ride boonedocking. I hear people say that the Pro will make you a much better or great rider and I think that is bull. Good riders will take whatever sled they ride to the same spots. I think the Pro has been marketed really wel(what I mean is massively over hyped) l and the ETEC has gotten undeserved bad press.

I like em both, neither a really bad choice IMO. I agree with most of what u say except a couple things, one, u say a good rider will take either sled same places, i agree but thats not the comparison people are making. If you're a good rider you can take a 2001 skud 800 anywhere, cause you're good. The comparison is more if you're not that accomplished or a newer rider, then i suggest the Pro is a LOT easier to go the same places the good riders are going. And the hype thing, nah, i don't think so. Everyone believes equally that they bought the right sled, in the past the Rev got all the press cause people liked it, then the XP came along and it was the belle of the ball caus epeople chose to ride it ....cause they liked it and it worked.....now people are choosing in far greater numbers the Pro, not cause of marketing hype, ....cause they like it and it works. The Doo is still there as a choice but their market share took a huge hit...cause people switched....cause they like it and it works. Polaris could only wish they were smart enough to create a marketing hype like this if the product wasn't performing.
Gotta give Poo credit where its due, and you gotta wonder....what the hell would be going on if they had the same HP, someone would be in deep ca ca methinks.
And......I really like the Etec.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I would be surprised if there was much more than 5hp difference between the 2...same dyno.
It FEELS like the etec has 20 more HP, but put them side by side and the results are surprising, especially after they are dialed in.
Pro has the edge in fluff with the soft track and 40lbs less weight.
Both are great sleds, not much to complain about with either....Poo could use a little refining on fit and finish, Doo could lose a little weight.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Hey I want to join this frackus! Not only is Carlos also known as PRO-FECTION better than all of your silly xp's and free rides...IT'S ALSO BETTER THAN YOUR PRO!

Remember...I am a man, I am an AMERICAN. I am a snowmobiler. I am the ALPHA MALE. Therefore my $hit is better than yours. Pretty simple. bah ha ha ha Oh wait internet "LOL"

Bring it fools...he he he

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
hmmm

Hey I want to join this frackus! Not only is Carlos also known as PRO-FECTION better than all of your silly xp's and free rides...IT'S ALSO BETTER THAN YOUR PRO!

Remember...I am a man, I am an AMERICAN. I am a snowmobiler. I am the ALPHA MALE. Therefore my $hit is better than yours. Pretty simple. bah ha ha ha Oh wait internet "LOL"

Bring it fools...he he he

Do you ever make it to SW MT Rob? You need to. I want to see how much better your Pro is than mine. You almost have me convinced via the internet to try your uber-awesome set-up...but not quite. I just have a tough time believing it could be THAT much better.:face-icon-small-win

How about that? A little Snowest keyboard jockey trash talk about Pro's in the XP Section. Holy crap I have been spending WAAAAAY too much time on the Forums:ranger:

Premium Features