• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 post forward on 11 etec

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
im dooing the post forward mod on my 08 163 this weekend, im 5'9" i am currently running the stock riser inline with the post, after the mod are people going longer now that the post is farther forward or what the thought on this, let me know

thanks
giddyup

I am 6'6" and felt that on my 09 that the bars were a bit too short in stock position. Now with the c3 relocation brackets and new straight post it gained quit a bit of bar height with stock riser (like 2 inches) and feels so much more comfortable for me. And all the cables, wires, and brake line still fit great.

ps. the hillclimb edition trim piece will not fit the c3 kit.

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
Done

Ok. I'm done. All went very good, I talked to red-eye. He had some helpful tips, all in all it what's easy. Hardest part was I had to grind out my block on the bottom so it wouldn't bind, I used a heat gun for air box. If you test fixit and mark the spot to heat iWork's good, I also used a large deep socked to press into the air box. That ways didn't need to fititon the sled to push it down, everything. Fits great, cut my dash like red eye did. Looks will have to wait for the snow test. Taking off to Mexico . Sure pullsovernice, I think I might even go to a shorter riser.
Great mod todo.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
keven at c3 did the 08 blocks, die grinded the top of one block and the bottom of the other, this is on the bottom blocks.... does not take much grinding

on the etec i did the same and no binding, easy fix

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
i had a rat tail file that i used, was looking at wrapping sandpaper around a broom handle and puting it on a drill . you dont have to do it too much, but you have to do it or it will bind

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Another ride with the C3. A total enjoyable ride with way less effort. I wish i had it from the start. I can pick any position to ride and feel the difference. ( and my cover fits perfectly )

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Has anyone modified the post on an 08, 09, or 10? Kevin told me you could. Just wondering how hard it is to do, or if there are any other benefits of going with the straight post. They arent that cheap.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Has anyone modified the post on an 08, 09, or 10? Kevin told me you could. Just wondering how hard it is to do, or if there are any other benefits of going with the straight post. They arent that cheap.

I don't see a problem if you wanted to jig it up and weld your own pipe in. Just find a staight piece off another one and put a inside plug where you are welding. Couldn't keep the smile off my face today with it.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
well going to remove the 8 inch riser and install the 10 inch riser on the etec after doing the c3 mod to it, i just find it to far forward and akward to handle in the trees and ulgy sidehills

hope the 10inch does the trick or will be going back to stock postion with the 10 inch riser

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
So is the straight post absolutely straight? Or does it still have that little kick at the top? Im going to modify the stock one on my 2010.

Thanks

Sheriff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Olds, Alberta
So is the straight post absolutely straight? Or does it still have that little kick at the top? Im going to modify the stock one on my 2010.

Thanks

Straight...Just installed mine.:face-icon-small-ton 3 days riding & really like it...

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
keven at c3 did the 08 blocks, die grinded the top of one block and the bottom of the other, this is on the bottom blocks.... does not take much grinding

on the etec i did the same and no binding, easy fix

Might be a dumb question.......but on the inside where the post goes, or the outside so the whole block tilts a bit? Mine is binding really bad.

C3 PowerSports

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Sicamous B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Thanks

I would just like to thank everyone for sharing install info and riding feedback and say sorry for the lack of instructions. I will be doing and install video and proper instruction over the summer.

Also I have changed the slightly to work better with the new castings on the 2011-12's.

Thanks for the continued support and happy ridding.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
if going to a straight post does it interfere with removing the raves to inspect/clean...how about having to do a top end,does that mean the post would have to be moved each time?

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
I found it was easier to move my riding position forward by going to a 4 inch riser with a 2 inch extension to see how it worked for me. Down to the 4 inch. Works better than the bigger riser by far. More comfortable on the trail,ditchbangin, sidehill especially, climbing I'm already forward because the bar isn't in the way. With a shorter riser and the bars (slightly) forward from the post angle. Not pointed straight up either. Take the short riser off the wifes or the kids sled and put it on. Take your tower riser with you and a 10mm so you can take a 1 beverage and a granola bar brake while swapping back to the tower. Give it a honest test.

It's way easier to install a riser than move the post forward. It might not be for everyone, but either is the kit...Just my .02

Not bashing c3 and there kit in anyway so if this bunches your panties takem off and put them by in the wifes drawer.:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
B

bacon1

Sep 10, 2008
Coulda shoulda woulda

I just replaced my post... Should have done this when it was out but a time mod for sure. Thanks for a great thread.

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
I made my own straight post but keep bending it. So I guess I need to bite the bullet and buy C3s post. 225 bucks is a pretty steep though??

I wasnt sure whether I liked this mod or not. Took it out and went back to stock for one ride. Holy freaking cow........you dont realize how good it is until you take it out. I am definitely putting it back in. I hated my sled yesterday.

Premium Features