• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

screen between pipe and turbo??

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I am wondering if it is possible to run a screen between the pipe and the turbo where they meet and bolt together? Just worried that pieces of weld or anything else may get into my turbo and I want to prevent this.. Is it possible to run a screen? Just want to make sure that using a screen wont affect the seal between the pipe and turbo also.. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on this??

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
I have ran screens there, but they do restrick flow, and they bend and bow real bad, not good. I made a funnel screen, that went inside the pipe, spot welded in, that flowed 2 to 3 times the pipe. I ran this for several yrs. I would just put a new one in each yr. This was on a Fat Boy pipe on a 670 engine, and a areo 53.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Thanks for the info on that.. Does anyone else have any tips or suggestions on this?? The last thing I want is something going through this turbo..:faint:

Premium Features