• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

860 bb tuning

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
1500km on bb piston went exhaust side , con rod snapped and punched through both sides of block not sure what caused piston failure yet , to lean or detonation, other piston was heavily scored

Welcome to the world of big bores!:rant:

Nov 12, 2009
Camrose, AB
seriouslly how does a sled run on 460 jets!!! stock is 480's. I mean all the BB i put together so far are 500/540/560. People it takes fuel and air to make power... heres the equation

Fuel + Air = Power

If you are running a jet less than stock, something is wrong. I run a big bore, dynoed in at 183hp and i have 560's

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
A stronger signal at the carbs will draw more fuel from the same size jets....and different heads/dome shapes allow for leaner jetting as well. Not always the case, but common on 800R BB's.

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
seriouslly how does a sled run on 460 jets!!! stock is 480's. I mean all the BB i put together so far are 500/540/560. People it takes fuel and air to make power... heres the equation

Fuel + Air = Power

If you are running a jet less than stock, something is wrong. I run a big bore, dynoed in at 183hp and i have 560's

stock motors were to rich with 480's, and a properly built motor can kinda use less fuel or better put can just burn more of the fuel thats passing through instead of spitting it out the exaust. As far as your bb making a 183 hp on the dyno i'd like to see it, or better yet r stockers making a 153hp on that dyno because that to would answer my question as well.

C

Cabana Boy

Mar 1, 2011
I am running a bike man 880 with boyesons and x-wing. 480s seem to be a touch lean. Has anyone experienced the x-wings weakening the fuel signal? 480s should be fine by the book.

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
i think the x wing is a joke i dont see how blocking off air flow can help when i tried them on the dyno they lost 1 hp, throw them in the garbage and try to find some one to bore your carbs(some one who knows what there doing or u will have isues)

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
rich daily at dynaport done mine nice job

Rich bored my carbs to 42.5.I was skeptical however had to add 2 grams on a previously spot on setup on the 880,With all the porting obviously there was a bottleneck at the carbs.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota

Fuel + Air = Power

your engine is an air pump...increase efficiency of said pump...pulls harder on the carbs...uses the fuel it pulls...also a better head design allows lower jetting...

you cant use the blanket statement/equation... fuel + air = power

FYI- I made 182 hp with bored carbs and 490 mainjets...BJ

Last edited:
T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
your engine is an air pump...increase efficiency of said pump...pulls harder on the carbs...uses the fuel it pulls...also the head design allows lower jetting...

I have a set of bored carbs,apparently bored by crank shop would they work on a ported motor? 09 800, carbs are off 04 800.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
your engine is an air pump...increase efficiency of said pump...pulls harder on the carbs...uses the fuel it pulls...also a better head design allows lower jetting...

RKT head is less efficient so less heat in the combustion chamer = lower jetting. No other excuses it takes fuel to make power. Your 860 with your jetting sucked even brian (doodoctor) proved lower compression and MORE fuel and they came around. The recommended jetting by both YOU and RKT well your just a copy of him anyways is just plain ridiculous.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
RKT head is less efficient so less heat in the combustion chamer = lower jetting. No other excuses it takes fuel to make power. Your 860 with your jetting sucked even brian (doodoctor) proved lower compression and MORE fuel and they came around. The recommended jetting by both YOU and RKT well your just a copy of him anyways is just plain ridiculous.

DooDoctor only proved the pumpgas in his area is 87 at best ...run 92 and theres no problems...so when I use a SPI I'm a copy of SPI? or a modified stock head I'm a copy of ROTAX??...again..your wrong-BJ

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
DooDoctor only proved the pumpgas in his area is 87 at best ...run 92 and theres no problems...so when I use a SPI I'm a copy of SPI? or a modified stock head I'm a copy of ROTAX??...again..your wrong-BJ

So ALL gas in his area is 87 eh lmao you just get better and better, give it up. Notice zero BB talk around hmmm wonder why. Again your stuff didn't work which is supposed to be PROVEN gas and go so now ALL gas in his area is 87 hahah good one. Is that what you tell all your customers well if it doesn't go your gas is only 87?

Premium Features