• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Boost-It controller release!

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Here it is folks! It has taken longer than planned, but it will be worth the wait.

The dials are gone, and now you can select the mode you want to adjust, and set a hard number. You will know exactly when fuel starts to add and what number of fuel setting works best. There are some other cool features that i will announce over the next few days. This is a proto box, so the case is silver, but the production boxes will hav a black powdercoated case.
The Fuel bosses are gone, and now injectors are mounted in a weld in fuel rail with only 2 fittings. Some of the pics show the harness coming out under the cover, but all future rails will have wiring coming out the bottom of the cooler. This is very clean and simple.

I have been running this set up on my Nytro for the past 3 rides and it has been flawless.
The back orders will be filled ASAP and then new orders will follow.

DSCN0625.jpg DSCN0626.jpg DSCN0598.jpg DSCN0600.jpg DSCN0603.jpg

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
Will this be an option for the S/C nytro guys any time soon? It would be nice to finally have a properly fueled sled.

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
Looking good!! Wasnt a big fan of the pelican case and knobs etc..
Might have to upgrade the rb3 next season, still waiting to try my buddies nytro with your system..

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
It sure seems like having those injectors bosses sticking into the intercooler endtank like that would cause a lot of restriction to flow. From the pics it seems like the take up a lot or air space.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
It sure seems like having those injectors bosses sticking into the intercooler endtank like that would cause a lot of restriction to flow. From the pics it seems like the take up a lot or air space.
That is a great question Matt.
If you consider that the outlet from a turbo is 2 inch and the inlet pipe to a intercooler is 2-2 1/4 inch, then where is the restriction?
Many people confuse flow and pressure! Although flow is critical once the air pushes out of the turbo, the biggest restriction to air is in the passages of the charge tube and the intercooler itself. Once the air has reached the tank, it is simply pressure more than flow. Only one set of intake valves open at a time in the Nytro and two sets in the Apex. If the pressure in the tank is significant...and we know it is(boost pressure) then when the intake valves open, the air goes in. If anything, making the intake slightly smaller just speeds up air flow, which ideally is better, to a point of course. The air and fuel mix further before the intake valves and is well atomized before it enters the engine.
Have you ever seen in the tank of a MCX Nytro? They are very tight even compared to what we are doing. Here are some pics for you!

nov. 18 004.jpg nov. 18 003.jpg DSCN0588.jpg DOO 1200 MCX 003.jpg

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Oh and I forgot to mention. Every Nytro we have have in our group has had this system added, and every sled is running less boost than last season with the same clutching and turning faster track speeds. The other bonus is every sled uses less fuel than they used to thanks to running stock injectors.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
you mean i have old outdated junk already ha ha:face-icon-small-win looks good Neil.:D
Sorry buddy, I didnt realize this whole deal was going to be so popular, and we have to keep pushing forward!:face-icon-small-coo

Dodge is about to pull the wraps off of a 800 ft lb tourque H.O. Cummins...how do you think the people feel that just bought one with 650? lol We will have an upgrade program for all of the customers that have supported us so far.

C

canucklehead

Aug 30, 2002
Southern AB
Oh and I forgot to mention. Every Nytro we have have in our group has had this system added, and every sled is running less boost than last season with the same clutching and turning faster track speeds. The other bonus is every sled uses less fuel than they used to thanks to running stock injectors.

When you make that statement are you including mcx sleds? It looks like the controller is still in a pelican, is it or is it in it's own sealed case?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
When you make that statement are you including mcx sleds? It looks like the controller is still in a pelican, is it or is it in it's own sealed case?
It is running on a MCX Nytro, but not tested with our group. We will have one testing with us soon though. I don't expect as big of improvements on the MCX kits. It is a good option for the guys that want to mess with compression and other motor mods though.
At this point we are keeping it in a Pelican Case just to be safe. I mean why risk screwing up a day or weekend of riding right?

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008

Pretty hard to argue with results! I love the system, maybe one day I'll have one who knows. I actually love the cleanliness that the integrated fuel rails adds. As far as your explaination on flow/pressure, this is all speculation until you actually see flow #'s(actually,I don't really care, just saying).

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
As far as the pelican case goes how could anything go wrong, its a waterproof box thats easy to open and seals when it needs to. have had one on since january and never seen a bit of moisture in the box, nor had any problems with neils system. in fact was in revy for 5 days and never adjusted one knob while i was there with any temperature or elavation.. thanks for a great fuel system neil. tired of poeple taking any advantage of putting your system down. like as if it has to go to the pelican case it is stored in......

dont' think he was putting the pelican case down. new system = new questions.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
dont' think he was putting the pelican case down. new system = new questions.
I think ideally it would be nice to have a waterproof controller, but it would definately be more money to manufacture and the way this system is now designed, is that the box simply unplugs from the harness and all of the wiring stays with the sled. This way if there ever is a problem, or we want to update the box, or replace it, then no problem. This box will also work on a 2, 3, or 4 injector system and we just program it in the box before we ship. Anyone with this system could actually sell it to someone with a different motor or even different make and it would work. Anyone could swap with there buddy to trouble shoot, or if there was a problem then we could ship out a replacement right away and we would not have to have multiple configurations in stock. To remove the controller now is 1 plug and 1 vac hose.

Here are a couple more pics.
Display is showing Manifold pressure(boost/vac) and injector duty cycle. The second pic shows A/F numbers just by hooking the white wire from a AEM wideband to the controller. Now why would the box want to know what your A/F's are????????????:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-coo

DSCN0628.jpg DSCN0629.jpg

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
So, is it gonna be closed loop? That would be :face-icon-small-coo
Nope! Better. The way we have been selling 02 sensors this yr, I would hate to rely on them. The leaded fuel kills them quick.

Premium Features