• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Doo XP VS. Polaris Pro

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
I rode with the new pro last weekend. It couldn't get off the trail and it was stuck! Now is that the sled or the rider? The rider of course.
Now if you haven't put some time on a pro or participated in a rider switchin side by side comparison............are you not making a fool out of yourself?
I know I was itchin to take it for a spin, nice sled.
I know the sleds are close to being the same, the riders......???????

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
I have been riding a mod sled for the past few years and have been watching the new sleds slowly catch up to where the truly good mod sleds were ten years ago. The new crop of mountain sled are very good and the suspensions work very good so I decided to buy a new sled.

Rode various XPs, the Pro and Assault Polaris, and the Acrtic Sno Pro Limited. All wonderful sleds, not a bad sled in the bunch.

Saturday I took delivery of a 2011 Summit SP with the 154 inch track and the Power Tech (Power-Tech vs E-Tech, both run great). Really like the narrow ski stance, 35.7 inches, non-ported track, seating position, and the suspension package works for my weight and riding style which is mostly boon docking and I weigh 220 before gear.

The Pro was a close second choice, really thought it was a great sled, however I could hold a side hill better on the XP. Probably just my riding ability not the sleds design, the Pro required more effort.

The 2011 Acrtic Sno Pro was a treat to ride, great power, great suspension, seating position was a little further back than the other two (not a bad thing, just different). I would own one if there were a dealer close by my cabin.

XP vs Pro vs M8 - rode them all and they all have there strengths but there is not a bad one in the bunch. Could be happy with any of them.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Finally got a chance to go up against a pro this weekend on a good hill, my etec killed it wasn't even a challange. same story run after run. On one race I almost flipped over backwards and he caught me, I got back on the throttle and still pulled away from him.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
i rode a pro for the second time. the 1st time was short lived because i had just got my 2010 xp. i spent about 5 min on the pro this time and put it through some terrain that i have been through many times before. it is clutched very good stock. seems quick to get on top of the snow and sticks a sidehill really well, and all and all it climbs pretty good too. But it dont have the power of my xp. another guy in our group said the same thing. nothing aftermarket about my motor. just roosterbuilt and track. gotta love to be the top dog, and not just goin for highmarks. more power = more :face-icon-small-hap every time.:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap :yo:cheers

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
well i got to ride one the other day, a pro that is...

sled just like the first time i rode one, feels very light, also still do not like the way the bars rotate

it comes out of the snow very well, maybe from the reduced spinning of the track compared to etec, also found the front end to lift to much for my liking, but over all good sled, power was down, i then ran my etec up the same hill and it was a different leaque

the pro owner said he just beat some etecs the hill over and would never run one:face-icon-small-dis

i had to speak up and call bs, i did not tell him i had a 3 inch track and was hoping for the challenge, but after seeing how the etec went up, he refused to compare

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
well i got to ride one the other day, a pro that is...

sled just like the first time i rode one, feels very light, also still do not like the way the bars rotate

it comes out of the snow very well, maybe from the reduced spinning of the track compared to etec, also found the front end to lift to much for my liking, but over all good sled, power was down, i then ran my etec up the same hill and it was a different leaque

the pro owner said he just beat some etecs the hill over and would never run one:face-icon-small-dis

i had to speak up and call bs, i did not tell him i had a 3 inch track and was hoping for the challenge, but after seeing how the etec went up, he refused to compare
pretty funny you run a modded out sled against a bone stocker then come on here and crow how great it is....do everyone a favor...just go ride..leave comparisons for those who can make an impartial, fair comparison..I bet even the doo guys go duh....

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
AKSNOWRIDER... you are right.... go check out the doo forum, fredw gets bashed by the DOO guys also.

The problem with some of these comparisons is that.... a lot of you are not comparing stock XPs to the stock PRO ... then you don't mention if the PRO is a 155" or a 163"

BTW the 163" PRO does climb better that the 155"

Also some of you are drag racing up a hill to see who is quicker to the top.

IMO I would like to see or hear of comparisons of stock for stock equal track lengths deep snow performance, climbing where you don't make it to the top .... it could be a straight up point and shoot or a long sidehill climb.

We will even let the DOO guy's have their clutch kits.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
AKSNOWRIDER... you are right.... go check out the doo forum, fredw gets bashed by the DOO guys also.

The problem with some of these comparisons is that.... a lot of you are not comparing stock XPs to the stock PRO ... then you don't mention if the PRO is a 155" or a 163"

IMO I would like to see or hear of comparisons of stock for stock equal track lengths deep snow performance, climbing where you don't make it to the top .... it could be a straight up point and shoot or a long sidehill climb.

See my previous post :face-icon-small-win

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
i dought we will ever see a xp vs pro video.the pro riders wont post them and the xp riders are sitting on top having lunch.:)

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
you sound desperate:D:D

we also had two stock 163 with us and they went up the same hill, the pro was a 163 as well, yes it would of been closer but, he was not intrested at all

the pro owner came out and even said, its underpowered but light, he was like 150lbs

if the pro was similar power, it would of been very comparable

E
Jan 12, 2011
Picked up an 11' rmk. Great sled. Ride with ski doo riders and they all give props to it. I don't kick there *** highmarking and neither do they, both machines are very close in performance. I feel more comfortable on mine than an xp so that's why I bough it, plain and simple. I also thought the rmk had cleaner engineering. If you think an xp blows the rmk out of the water your head is in the clouds.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
News Flash.....you are not going to convince someone that just spent 12+ grand on a sled with keyboard heroic's that the other brand he passed up is better.....so unless someone has a vid of 2 equal riders on these machines rippin it up...get a life..

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Picked up an 11' rmk. Great sled. Ride with ski doo riders and they all give props to it. I don't kick there *** highmarking and neither do they, both machines are very close in performance. I feel more comfortable on mine than an xp so that's why I bough it, plain and simple. I also thought the rmk had cleaner engineering. If you think an xp blows the rmk out of the water your head is in the clouds.

this is all true. but if you ride with an xp that has Roosterbuilt clutching you would realize how much more superior in power the xp is over the pro-laris. stock doo clutching is better then it used to be, but puttin the power to the ground makes the prolaris look like a 700.:fencing:

Premium Features